Friday 29 April 2011

Multitouch - hp, multitouch


One of my employees suggested that a touch screen monitor would improve his performance by saving him time. I never thought that I would be able to get him one for $300. I set this up on a Windows XP machine very easily. I just put the CD in the computer and selected the option to add drivers for Windows XP. The drivers installed before I could blink. We restarted the computer and the touch functionality worked seamlessly. With XP you do not get the two-touch functionality. It took some getting used to at first to know exactly where to press especially when closing windows. The native resolution is very tiny but the picture is crisp. We mounted this monitor on an arm that was previously holding a 20" non-touch monitor and we didn't need to make any adjustments for the weight increase. I'm a huge fan and for $300 I'm thinking of getting more for some of my other employees. Compaq L2105TM LCD Touch Monit

this is absolutely great!!! it is very sensitive to touch. in some spots on the screen you only have to hold your finger above the screen for it to pick up the heat and respond. High quality monitor for a low cost! it took roughly 3 minutes to hook up the monitor and install the programming. The only down side is it only responds to 2 points of touch, although for many things 2 points is plenty. in addition, you can download a demo of the android swype input keyboard and use it with this monitor.

Everything we own now has a touch screen. Well why not your computer as well. I set this up as a secondary monitor on my desk and honestly I find myself using it more. Its great for quick tasks such as email or a quick calculation using windows calculator. Ive also used this monitor when working on other computers. The drivers included work great for XP and if your running Windows 7 your in business. Win7 has gesture support so flicking through messages in Outlook or the web is a breeze.



If you want a touchscreen and don't want to pay a ton this is the way to go. I'm quite satisfied. And my friends are jealous.

While this is a very solid start for HP into the touchscreen market, there are downsides.



1- only 2 points of touch is barely considered multitouch and its should be known that while 2 points is OK more would be WAY much better and would have justified the higher price point.

2- The price was a bit high for only 2 points of touch.

3. slightly heavier than I would have liked but by far not the heavies out there



on the bright side, I've attached it to a wonderful bionic arm mount from Ergotron. The LX Desk Mount LCD Arm is mounted this wonderfully sized touchscreen right next to my bed. i now have a full touchscreen swiveling monitor at my side at all times and quite frankly, it has spoiled me for other monitors.



I keep poking non touchscreen monitors because i am used to the touchscreen interface now. Its becoming a bit of a problem, people dont like it when you touch their screens that arent touchscreen.



so until the rest of the world catches up and out of the dark ages and we all have touch interfaces, i would avoid this monitor unless you really wanna get hooked and fall in love with touchscreen. dont say i didnt warn you. - 1920x1080 - Compaq - Multitouch - Hp'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information