Friday 8 April 2011

Mobil 1 - full synthetic, lubricants


I was one click away from buying this on Amazon and thought I'd shop around. You can buy a 5Qt jug of it at Walmart for $22 or about $25 at your local auto store and pick up another single Qt for another $6 or so. Saves a lot of money. Mobil 1 44975 Synthetic 5W-20 Motor Oil - 1 Quart, Pack of 6

This is the first generally avaliable 5w20 synthetic oil that meets Honda's spec. (The bottle says it meets Chrysler and Ford's as well) A couple of years ago Honda switched to 5w20 in an effort to improve fuel economy. For those of us who prefer synthetic oils, that made for a frustrating wait :)



I've used synthetics for years now, and been happy with the results. This one has gone into a couple of Hondas in our family with typically good results. I prefer thae regular old Mobil 1 over the many variations on the market. Following your manufacturer's recommended change interval, and using Mobil 1, you just can't go wrong.

This is the best oil you can purchase.



It is not regular oil, and not a synthetic blend, but it is FULL synthetic, and the best type of Full synthetic at that.

I cannot believe what they are charging however.



I bought a case of 6 of these for $32 bucks without coupon at Costco. With a coupon, (which Costco sends out very frequently), the cost is around $26 per case of 6. Basically, you can buy 2 cases from Costco, for the price of 1 case here on Amazon.



I do not think Amazon is ripping off people. I think that Amazon cannot get a good deal when they purchase from Mobil, like Costco can get. Costco is still making a profit at $26 per case, so why is Amazon's double the price? Most likely, the underlying cost to the Amazon corporation must be significantly higher.



I use this oil, and I would continue to purchase this oil, just not here... Go to Costco, and get 2 cases of full synthetic for the same price of 1 case here.

I've been using Mobil One off and on since 2007 when a co-worker first told me about it. I have a 2002 Accord V6 sedan that is now pushing 156,000 miles in just 8 years! Using this oil, in conjunction with Fram's high mileage oil filter (for cars with over 75k in miles) helps to ensure it keeps running smoothely.



I typically go to one of those Chevron run Oil Changers here in the SF Bay Area (if you're not here, I'm sure you have an equivalent chain where they change the oil for you and you have the option of bringing in your own card products).



Mobil One is simply the best and I've yet to experience any problems related to the type of oil I put in my Honda.



PS: If you're an Amazon Prime member like me, it really makes shopping for oil online easy (or from Amazon in general)!

Online is NOT the way to order motor oil, either synthetic like this product or regular old rotten dinosaur juice. I was laid up following back surgery and it did come with a healthy rebate so I wasnt boned too badly. I have found that if you buy your own quality oil and filter and then take your vehicle to one of those oil change joints, you can get the work done for between $6 and $9. You have to let the "mechanic" see you watching him a couple of times so he doesnt end up with your primo synthetic oil while you get "Old Brown" re-refined. Hell Im so tight I ask for the old oil to be returned to me in the old containers. I then drop this off at the community recycling center or at Walmart or if Al Gore has me really cranky, I will use it as a week killer around my mailbox. THAT is recycling!!

I USED TO USE HONDA GENUINE MOTOR OIL FOR MY 04 ACURA MDX,BUT AFTER READING SO MANY GOOD THINGS ABOUT MOBIL 1, I DECIDED TO SWITCH. WOOW... THE CAR DOES NOT DRIVE, THERE IS NO OTHER PROBLEM WITH MY CAR, AS SOON AS I DROVE OUT OF THE SHOP,CAR JUST LOST THE HORSEPOWER FOR THAT PARTICULAR REASON. I ASKED THE MECHANIC AND HE SAID IT CAN'T BE THE PROBLEM.. GUESS WHAT, I SWITCHED BACK TO GENUINE HONDA OIL AND IT'S FINE NOW...

IT'S EITHER MY CAR OR MOBIL 1 JUST DOES NOT WORK FOR MDX.

I DON'T KNOW WHY THIS KEEPS HAPENING.



ANYONE HAD SAME ISSUES? - Full Synthetic - Lubricants'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Mobil 1 - full synthetic, lubricants full synthetic Mobil 1 - full synthetic, lubricants