Friday 8 April 2011

Cartridge Filter Cleaner - pool filter assembly, attachments


As another reviewer indicated, I was also hesitant to buy a filter sight unseen over the internet. However, I could not ignore the $30 plus price savings over Pinch-a-Penny. I like supporting my local Pinch-a-Penny store because they test my water regularly which helps me keep my pool chemically balanced, but there comes a point where I can no longer pay 40% more for an item. And I usually buy two filters at a time so I can alternate their use so I don't need to be in a hurry to clean and reuse one filter. So, I bought one filter and when it arrived it appeared to be constructed well and I could not tell any physical difference between others that I've purchased at my local pool stores. It fit normally in my Hayward C-1200 filter housing. So far, I've only used it during the cooler months with shorter pump run times, but it is filtering well and the filter pressure is maintaining steady and I have not had to clean it yet. The real test will be if it can handle a Florida summer of filtering 8 hours a day for 6 consecutive months with the warmer water temperatures and alot of use of the pool. But I feel confident thus far and I am going to purchase another filter soon. Pool Filter Replaces Unicel # C-8412 (Pleatco # PA120, Filbur # FC-1293) for Swimming Pool and Spa

These cartridges outperform the original filter that came with my Hayward unit! The initial pressure is lower because the flow is better, and they last about two weeks longer between cleaning.

My pool gets a moderate amount of tree debris all year round, and these filters get me six weeks easy. Since they're reasonably affordable, I buy them in pairs, so I can take my time cleaning them.

A tip: to clean one, I briefly rinse off any loose debris, then soak it for a few days in a tall trashcan, in water with one cup of liquid Cascade dishwasher fuid. Then it's a matter of a thorough rinse, and it's as good as new! - Pool Filter Assembly - Pool Filters Hayward Replacement - Attachments - Recommend'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Cartridge Filter Cleaner - pool filter assembly, attachments attachments Cartridge Filter Cleaner - pool filter assembly, attachments