Friday 8 April 2011

Blu-ray Rw Drives - dual layer dvd, blank media


I'm a die-hard Verbatim user. However the last few batches of Verbatim DVD+R DL spindles I purchased yielded about 4-6 bad copies per 25 discs. That ratio is far too high especially at around $1.60 - $1.80 per disc. Also, to help minimize those issues I usually burned my 8x discs at 2-4x for reliability on my ASUS DRW-2014L1T drive (with latest firmware). I decided to give the Optical Quantum discs a try.



At about $0.68 per disc I was skeptical at best. Using the same drive, hardware, OS, firmware, etc. I am now able to burn discs at 8x with no worries and no errors. These discs also verify faster (in Nero) yielding an overall faster burn. I'm delighted at the price and the quality so far, but since Amazon's prices fluctuate more than the Chinese Commodities Exchange I hope that I can get my next batch at the same or similar value.



All-in-all these discs are a great buy. Optical Quantum DVD+R DL Double Layer Logo Top Spindle - 50 pack

I'm an IT consultant who bought a 50-pack of these disks about 2 months ago, and since have burned my way through 23 of them. I have not had a single failure using my aging Pioneer DVR-116D burner.



I've read a lot of complaints about these disks in this review section, so let me say that the problem is most likely your burner, not the disks. All optical media vary in their characteristics. The reader/burner needs to have firmware that is compatible with the characteristics of the media. If your burns are failing, update your burner's firmware. If that fails, replace your burner.

I don't think people realize that 9 times out of 10 if you have a failed burn or issues it is the software, burner or hardware. These discs work great, just as good as any of the others I've tried before. If you are having a lot of issues get a new burner or new computer.

Well I thought I was getting a pretty good deal with these dual discs being under $30, but little did I know that I was overpaying by about 25 dollars. I opened up the package and tried the first disc, which burned correctly, success. However, every disc after that (I'm not exaggerating) would not even read in my player. I thought maybe my burner was going bad, but my last Amazon dual DVD+R's worked perfectly. I feel like I jackass right about now, having paid 30 dollars for one working disc. - Dvd Dual Layer - Dvd - Dual Layer Dvd - Blank Media'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information