Thursday 14 April 2011

Macbook Pro Battery - macbook pro, laptop battery


This battery definitely did not meet my criteria as a suitable replacement.



On the plus side: as near as I can tell, it did actually store electricity and allow that electricity to be used to power my laptop. And after all, that's pretty much the bare minimum a battery ought to be able to do and still be called a battery.



On the negative side: the fit-and-finish of this battery was awful. Something minor like the slightly-different LED status lights (no diffuser to reduce glare, simple on/off rather than Apple's industrial-engineered "fill-up" animation) can easily be overlooked. After all, that has no effect whatsoever on the actual performance of the battery.



But other issues did. The first battery that was delivered to me, the status button wasn't even operable; it was stuck in the "on" position. A replacement battery shipped to me, the button fell off upon opening the package and had to be re-glued. Even after that, the button didn't rest flush with the battery case, causing it to scrape on surfaces (my lap, the table, etc.) that the computer was sitting on.



Operationally, there were also problems with the compatibility with my laptop. The computer never would recognize that the battery had reached a full charge; instead, once the battery got to 100%, the charging would cycle every few seconds between "Charging", "Calculating", and "Charged", with the green/orange power cable light toggling back and forth as the status changed.



Note: I did perform the recommended battery calibration _and_ reset of power management for the computer. The above behavior happened in spite of that.



Also, it appears that the battery doesn't support the Mac OS X Battery Updater, as inspecting the battery status in the System Profiler showed null ("0000") values for the various firmware revision fields. I suspect that may be related to the inability of the charging system to recognize that the battery was fully charged.



After the second dud, I sent the battery back for a refund. For those on a really tight budget, you might find the various annoyances acceptable. But frankly, I'd say those on a really tight budget ought to be buying a computer that doesn't chew up batteries after just 12 months, and doesn't have a battery so expensive that at $75 the replacement seems dirt cheap. Conversely, if you feel an Apple fits in your budget, you might as well accept that you have to spend another $130/year on batteries. Super-Capacity Li-ion Battery For Apple A1175 MacBook Pro 15-inch series Laptop Notebook Main Battery

I bought this to replace the aging battery in my MacBook Pro. As other reviewers have noted this is not an EXACT replacement of the original and some discrepancies do exist. However, it does work just fine. I've had no issues with battery life which seems if anything superior to the old battery's performance. If you don't care about a perfect fit and seamless seams, this is a great battery.

I have a MacBook Pro. This battery works great & was much cheaper than one from Apple. This one clicks in just fine but fits just a tiny bit loose. I have been using for months & it does not seem to be a problem. Not worth the savings if it damages the laptop, but so far so good. Will report back if I develop issues.

I never write reviews for anything (this is the first one), but I feel it's necessary to warn potential buyers that this battery is worthless. I've had it for just over 3 months now and it has lost half of it's charging capacity. That's after only 44 charging cycles. I've let it run down and then charged it fully to try to restore the original capacity, to no avail. Another problem is that when it runs down to 20 minutes charge left it will erratically lose charge, usually shutting down my macbook without warning. I feel like this battery is not compatible with the 15" macbook pro. I just installed snow leopard last week, which has a battery detection feature. It's giving me the "Service Battery: The battery isn't functioning normally, and you may or may not notice a change in its behavior or the amount of charge it holds" message. Amazon should not allow this seller to sell these faulty batteries.

My wife purchased this for me as a gift. I had it on my wish list, despite some negative reviews. I received the battery and it had about 93% charge. Though I suspect this wasn't quite accurate as it seemed to drain rather fast down to 85%. I was prepared for some inaccuracy. As far as I've read 3rd party batteries can have some conflicts with the accuracy of the percent shown. The battery seemed to hold up okay, I was doing a lot of video editing to run the battery down quickly so I could put a charge to it and properly cycle the battery.



The Macbook Pro gave me the reserve power warning. Though at the 24 minute mark, vs the usual 9minutes on my old Apple battery. The computer still ran for at least 15 minutes before going to sleep due to low power. I plugged in the magsafe power adapter. "NOT CHARGING" says the indicator in my menu bar. The light on the power adapter is green, indicating a fully charged battery. I removed the charger and the computer went back to sleep, logically. Plugged it back in and still "NOT CHARGING" I reset the PRAM, the SMC. No effect. I put in my old battery and it will charge.



After taking this battery out I noticed it was warped on the ends. Slightly more than a fit and finish issue if you ask me. I wonder if the battery was improperly handled or charged improperly at the factory.



I am returning this item and will just fork out the dough for the Apple battery. - Macbook Pro - Apple - Laptop Batteries - Laptop Battery'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information