Tuesday 19 April 2011

Impact Milwaukee - v28, impact driver


I have owned the Dewalt 1/2" Impact Wrench for several years. When I recently decided to do my own service on my 1.1/4 ton truck, I found out that the Dewalt just didn't have what it takes to loosen tire lug nuts. Enter the Milwaukee...



There is almost no way to describe this thing to you. First, it's BIG. It's not going to be the only Impact Wrench you own, because there are a lot of places it plain won't fit.



Second, it's HEAVY. Trying to hold this thing over your head to remove bolts requires some serious muscle. Not for the weak or faint of heart.



Finally, it's strong. Those lug nuts I was mentioning? Eight per wheel, and 32 total? This thing zipped the nuts off so fast I thought I had slipped off the first one! Took all 32 off, then a few hours later put all 32 back ON with one charge of the battery!!



And speaking of the battery - some genius at Milwaukee deserves a gold star. Remember when I said it won't fit certain places because of its size? Well, Milwaukee designed it so the battery can slide on from the front of the tool, or slide on from the back, and it works either way. Putting it on from the front makes the wrench shorter overall - if a little front heavy - while putting it on from the back gives you more room to get your wrench into tight spots by moving the battery pack out of the way.



BE WARNED that you should make certain you have a good set of impact sockets to go with this wrench. DO NOT attempt to use it with a standard socket, as you are likely to end up with shrapnel flying everywhere when the regular socket fails. Ask me how I know?!!



Bottom line - the tool is a little big for 'average' wrenching, but when you need to go after the big boys there is nothing like it!



Go buy one. You NEED it. Milwaukee 0779-22 V28 28-Volt Lithium Ion 1/2-Inch Cordless Impact Wrench

I just got the 0779-22 unit. I bought this unit after comparing it to the Dewalt 18v wrench. (Dewalt is coming out with a 36v, 325ft-lb wrench.) The biggest selling point was the variable speed capability of the Milwaukee. I have used this for a weekend of racing. Performed a few tire swaps and service on the trailer with ease, approx 60 cycles of lug nuts at 87ft-lbs., 50% batt usage. Use of a torque stick makes tightening a breeze.



It took me a few cycles to get used to the action....it can't quite compete with my IR231 pneumatic wrench, but I am very impressed non the less.



The 0779-22 kit is a capable tool and I for one, am very satisfied.

I do some circle track racing and bought this for convenience in the pit area. I wasn't sure if it would have enough power when I ordered it, but it has more than enough. It makes a tire change during the race much easier and a lot faster. The fuel gauge on the battery is really nice as well. This way you know how much juice you have and don't get stuck half way through a tire change and have the battery die on you.



I bought this originally for just tire changes. Now I find my self using it for pretty much everything on the cars. It works great for breaking loose head bolts and pretty much anything else under the car.



It even came in handy when building our deck this past summer. I guess it is just one of those tools that once you have it you find many more uses for it than you originally intended. This has been a great investment and I highly recommend it.

With the battery Pack actually installed on the tool ,this tool has unbeatable POWER and ENDURANCE. I've mostly used the pneumatic variety, this has comparable power,but is portable,although big and heavy.I was laying under my truck loosening some rusted bolts,before I dug my heels in,I was Break Dancing -20 years too late!And as usual Great prices and service from Amazon.

I love this impact. It is every bit as good as a snap on impact I borrowed from a friend. yesterday I did two vehicles ,one was a snap the other had studs on it that had been over tightened and rust as well and after I was done the battery still had two full bars left. I am impressed with the power and the way I can change the position of the battery. I now own three Milwaulkee V28 sawsalls and now this V28 1/2 inch impact. I highly recommend this product to anyone that really needs to have a dependable tool that won't let them down while on the job.

I was skeptical about buying this tool. A lot of money would be wasted if it didn't perform as advertised. I placed my trust in Milwaukee's reputation. When a negative reviewer has only one review to his credit - and that review is negative - that tells me that the reviewer is 100% negative and I disqualify his input from my decision making. When my 100psi impact wrench began failing to break free 15/16ths-inch cutting-blade nuts on a 1500-pound commercial mower, I knew more power was needed. Laying on my back under a raised cutting deck and pushing a 15-inch box-end wrench with a pipe extension with both feet and while pulling another such setup with both hands above the deck left me with an aching back for a month, but the 12-inch blade bolt and nut did come loose. Never again. After 8 months of use and a dozen blade changes, my worries have vanished. It takes about 15 seconds to break the nuts loose. The first time I used it - and the nut didn't break free in 3 seconds - my heart sank. Then it lifted. I was surprised that there is no reverse torque. I was expecting this wrench to kick like a mule after reading the break-dancing comment. One hand is all that is needed. I've removed lugs from trucks and cars and tractors. No problems. Another impressive fact is that I can remove 20 lugs on a vehicle and still have all four red power indicator lights burning on the battery. Granted, there are impact wrenches made for 18-wheelers and tanks that are rated in the thousands of foot-pounds of torque, but this 28V Milwaukee slid under the wire for me. It is about all the power I need. Every year I hear about a compressor exploding and causing injury or death. Perhaps condensation had accumulated inside the tank for years and rusted the walls. Compressor tanks do need to be drained. And fighting hoses can be like wrestling an anaconda. So far, my 28V impact wrench has not exploded, tripped or choked me. And it hasn't bitten me either because it does the job - and for me - that makes it worth the price. - Overrated - Impact Driver - V28'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Impact Milwaukee - v28, impact driver v28 Impact Milwaukee - v28, impact driver