Tuesday 19 April 2011

External Hard Drive - mp3, divx


The NBOX is a perfect media player for those movie junkies out there who like to burn videos to DVD. Now, all you need is a flash drive to put some movies on and easily plug into and play on the NBOX. Its very easy to use, and the remote is tiny and straight to the point. Just don't lose it because you will have a hard time navigating from the controls on the player.



The reason I gave the NBOX only 4 stars, is because the player doesn't recognize my 320gb Toshiba external hard drive. I don't understand why, although I haven't looked to far into the problem because I have a 16gb flash drive that works perfectly. So I recommend looking into that before you buy it, if you're planning on using an external hard drive.



Also, it could fast forward a little more quickly than 4x.



Other than that, this is a good buy for 40 bucks. NBOX TV Media Player - Supports SD/USB Drive/USB External Hard Drive - Plays DIVX/AVI/RMVB/RM/XVID/MPG

When I attempted to setup my NBox Media Player, I discovered that the included power cord would not fit. I applied firm pressure, and even tried to twist it into place. Nothing worked. I boxed it back up to get a replacement but learned that Amazon does not offer a replacement on this product since it is sold through a third party. They only offer a refund. I sent them an e-mail to see if I could just get a replacement cord. They again said I would have to send the entire thing back, get a refund, and reorder it. I found no way to contact the company directly to see if I could just get the correct cord.



Thankfully, I'm a huge techno geek, and after searching my other various electronic gadgets, I found a cord that was not only the right voltage, but also the right size.



Now the review- I connected everything and was up and running in seconds. The interface is very user friendly. The menus were very easy to navigate and easy on the eyes. I had no problems accessing music, video, or picture data off my flash drives, memory card, or portable 320GB FreeAgent hard drive. I did have a few MP4 files that would not play, but XVID, MP3, and AVI all played well. The video and audio quality was good. I, however, could not access any of the video files on my 1TB external hard drive. The NBox locked up for a few minutes while accessing the drive. When it finally came up with a file list, it would still not access the files.



In summary- If you're looking for a quick way to access most of your video and audio files off a flash drive or memory card, NBox does the job. May not work with a very high capacity drive. I took one star off for the power cord mix-up.

Great for movies and pictures.this is the second one that I have purchased.

Very easy to use. Plug in storage drive or flash drive and there you go we use ours a

almost every day.you can't beat the price :)

Excellent product for the price. Keep in mind that you will have to supply your own external hard drive (or flash disk, etc.) Works great with my 320gb hard drive, loaded lots of movies on it. When I first plugged it into the TV, there was no color and the image was offset. The default setting is PAL (which is used in Europe) so you have to change it to NTSC and it looks fine after that. With divx movies, sometimes it will go out of sync when you pause or fast forward. Also, pressing the "skip" button will go to the next file instead of 5 or 10 minutes later in the same movie you're already watching.



If you are looking for an inexpensive media player, this is it. If the minor problems or cheap plastic feel bother you, look for a higher priced unit.

I was having a particularly difficult time one afternoon trying to make a DVD of .avi files, when it struck me- no one uses CDs to transport data anymore; we use USB drives and SD cards. So why am I messing around with the silly plastic disks?



A search of the web revealed scores of devices ranging from well over $200 down to this very inexpensive box- not much more than the price of a stack of burnable DVDs. With Amazon's customer service I figured it was a risk-free purchase, so I bit.



Two days later the box arrived. Leaving the instruction manual in the box (of course!)I plugged it in to my TV, inserted a USB drive with a few .avi files, and turned it on. The on-screen menu navigation was straightforward, and in a minute I was watching the movies on my new TV. Quality wasn't great, though, so I switched to "setup" mode and went through the setting. Aha! The unit as delivered is set for PAL, the European standard! Switching to NTSC drastically improved the color and got rid of the jitter in the signal.



Is it perfect? No. Unlike more expensive media players, it doesn't have an HDDI output (though it has both composite and component outputs). And unlike some of the very expensive media players, the NBOX can't make up for low quality data with frame storage and interpolation. But with good data, it works perfectly, and at a price that low, it's hard to complain. Four stars for value. We'll see how well it lasts. - Cheap - Media Player - Divx - Mp3'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


mp3 External Hard Drive - mp3, divx