Tuesday 19 April 2011

Diamond Sharpener - diamond sharpener, sharpening stones


This product is great...easy to store, easy to use, very portable...the cover is built in. Due to the high quality diamond surface it sharpens much faster than a regular sharpener, it doesn't require any additional oils(just water if you want to), just rinse off the polka dot pattern of what's left from sharpening and you're done. It's handy to have around the house to do a 'quick few strokes' to sharpen whatever tool you happen to be using. The sharpener has 2 grits built in. I like that it's made in the US.



had great success reviving dull router bits with this tool. i wish the whetstone part was a bit thinner to fit between the carbide tip and anti-kickback finger on my freud saw blade, however DMT offers smaller 'file' shaped whetstones better suited for saw blades.

Love this product. Have been using it for a about 6 month now. It works fast and I was able to get the feel for sharpening my henkel and wusthof kitchen knives. I even bring this with me when I go over to my relatives. They love their knives when I am done with them. Takes a little getting used to sharpening by hand, but once you do there is no turning back. I now keep all my knives razor sharp. Two different grades of the stone are fantastic. I would definitely recommend this product.

This product works well, but is a bit small for some of my larger kitchen knives. They do make a Diafold sharpener block which would be more appropriate for those, but I obviously did not do enough research!

I want to keep it short and sweet. I am deployed in the middle east we are using our fixed blade and folding knifes like crazy, this sharpener is what we now rely on.



I have had it for just under a week, I have sharpened over 12 blades they all come out great and less than 5 minutes maybe up to 10 depending on the condition of the blade.



I am buying the fine extra fine sharpener today in fact to get a better edge.

The coarse side really gets blades back into form. I use this differently than most as I grip the handle with the sharpening part point down at an angle I want to sharpen and then brace the bottom part. Then I just go straight up and down with the knife. The fine side gets knives to a nice sharp point, but often I find the coarse is good enough for most purposes and leaves some 'bite' to the blade. If you need help keeping an angle, they make a magnetic angle guide. Just a really versatile sharpener. One complaint that is easily rectified...I kept forgetting which was coarse...blue or red. I just used a sharpie to mark it on the handle.

The handle is sturdy enough for the intended uses. The coarse side is good for repairing a very worn or chipped edge, and the fine side is perfect for putting a good working edge on any knife or edged tool. Please note that diamond sharpeners remove metal fast -- use this item carefully and stop frequently to check your progress, particularly on non-stainless steels. The butterfly handle is a wonderful feature, protecting the sharpening surfaces from dirt and damage and making the tool compact and easy to include in a toolbox.

I really have little to add to all the five-star reviews. This is the best diamond sharpener I've ever used. I use it routinely to sharpen everything, including my Swiss Army knife, kitchen knives, axes... Practical, pocket-sized, long-lasting, and the perfect combination Fine/Coarse grits. I don't really think most people will need the model with the Extra-Fine grit; just use the Fine grit with very light pressure and you'll get a polished, razor-sharp blade - unless you're a chef and require perfect finishing on your knives.



The only additional recommendation I would make is, if you are not very experienced at constantly keeping the correct angle when sharpening a knife, get also the DMT AM Angle Mate Accessory. This is a magnetic angle guide that grips the diamond surface and provides the sharpening angle recommended by DMT and appropriate for most knives, at 20 degrees. For me this is an essential accessory, as the sharpening process is MUCH faster and more precise when you maintain the proper angle, and I find that almost impossible without the guide.



Thanks for reading - hope this helps!

I have used a lot of knifes over the years and always keep a pocket knife in my pocket. I never leave the house with out it and I always sharpen it.

This sharpener is absolutely incredible. 3 slides on each side 3 times and flip it over to the fine side and 3 times on each side and it is razor sharp.

Thank you for an awesome product! - Sharpener - Sharpening Stones - Sharpening Tools - Fathers Day - Diamond Sharpener - Diamond Stone'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information