Wednesday 2 March 2011

Travel Alarm - westclox, travel clock


After spending quite a long time shopping on-line and in the stores (I returned two travel clocks after getting them home), I purchased this travel clock. It is very inexpensive, extremely easy to use (no manual necessary), and works very well. The alarm is neither too loud nor too soft, it doesn't collapse when open (like two other travel alarms I purchased), it's made of lightweight plastic (reasonably durable--very sturdy compared to some three times the price), has an unlimited 4-minute snooze feature, and lights up when the snooze button is depressed. It would have been nice if the numbers stayed lit at night and the lighting feature is EXTREMELY dim, at best. Nevertheless, it is very lightweight and measures only 3-1/2" x 2-1/2" x 1/2"--can fit anywhere, even in a pocket. The only other possible downside is that it uses a 1.5V button battery instead of a standard AA or AAA. Nevertheless, I like it enough to use it at night in place of the abrasively loud alarm clock I previously used, which my kids have nightmares about. Westclox Travelmate Folding Alarm Clock

As a very frequent traveler believe it's unsafe to completely depend on a hotel's in-room clock radio or front desk wake up call; they don't always work. So always take along and use a travel alarm clock. Over the past several years have used several brands and models, but like this one the most. It works well, is very simple to operate, and reasonably inexpensive.



In the past have purchased and used a couple Oregon-Scientific brand models which are nice, but at times (especially outside the US) find the atomic clock syncronization feature a big nuisance.)

I have tried several travel alarm clocks. The Westclox Travelmate is the only one I will use from now on. It is easy to use and easy to take on trips. I like it so much that I use it nightly at home too.

I bought this alarm clock for travel. It is small and light, so good in that regard, but I found the time hard to read. The numerals are smaller than most clocks of this size, but most disappointing is the method for night viewing. There are two tiny bulbs on either side of the time display and they don't light up the time very well. Most digital time displays have a blue or neutral background when you hit the night light so the time is easy to read, even without glasses--but not this one. It was cheap and you get what you pay for...

No nature sounds, no satellite settings, no iPod or CD connections, just a straight forward alarm clock that's refreshing in its simplicity. Pull it out of the package (it already has the battery), set the time, the time you want to get up, switch on the alarm and be done with it. Some things don't need to be complicated (such as an alarm clock). I have it on my night stand and when I travel, I throw it in the suitcase, sandwiched between a stack of clothes. Its sturdy enough (plastic) to get the job done.

I was looking for a long time to replace a travel alarmclock that finally gave up. Most were too big, too clumsy, too ugly or all three. Then I saw this one and was hooked. When it arrived, I was even more pleased, because it is not just as good as my old one, but actually better.

I am buying a replacement that I had for 15 years. It still works but the light went off. I never thought they were still making it. I tried recently 2 other brands that did not make it 1 month paid around $25. I gave up, I was still using my old Westclck until today when I found this one on Amazon.

This thing is great! As an over-the-road trucker, I still can't set the clock on my vcr but I can use this! Compact, fits in my shirt pocket.

Hour and minute sets for the time and alarm, and then on or off. It cant get any easier or more convenient. And the price is only equal to a few gallons of fuel.

I agree with my fellow owners of this neat little travel alarm clock in that it is compact, sturdy, well-designed and durable. My only complaint is that the snooze time is only 4 minutes and it is not adjustable. That is a very short snooze and I would like 10 minutes much better. Better yet, make it adjustable and I would be a completely happy camper (traveler). - Travel Clock - Westclox - Travelmate - Alarm Clock'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information