Wednesday 2 March 2011

Singing Machine - karaoke, karaoke machine


I purchased this Karaoke machine specifically because of the iPod docking feature. Once I received it, I found out it is only compatible with iPod Nano 2nd Generation, not the newer iPod Nano (which I will be receiving soon.) Also, the included microphone volume is so low, even when the volume is set the highest it will go, you can barely hear the vocalist over the music. We had to purchase our own better quality microphone to use with it. I would not purchase this again if I had the option. Singing Machine ISM-370 Multi-Function Karaoke System with iPod Docking

One of my co-workers bought this for work and it's great. Our clients love to sing and there are plenty of different functions/options. I found the mic to be very loud at it's Max, unlike one other reviewer. The only reason we didn't rate it a five star was because it doesn't have a vocals display on the box...it has to be hooked up to a TV. We have had it for some time and have had no problems.

Very sleek and stylish, lightweight and portable with great sound and great ipod capability and functionality. It would be nice if it had the capability to eliminate the vocals from the songs as they play on your ipod through the speakers, but all in all I am pleased with the product. A nice conversation piece as well.

I love Amazon, have had a prime account for years, and buy tons of stuff from them. I was very excited about this purchase and had it one-day shipped to get here in time to take on our family vacation. As soon as I got it out, I could see right away that it had problems. The microphone top (mesh) was completely off and the cheap foam sheet underneath was ripped. The speakers appeared to have some kind of dust on them. The whole thing looks and feels cheap.



I despise returning things, and so tried to see if it would work assuming I'd just buy a working microphone. The CD player took 3 times of stopping, opening the player, and reinserting the CD to finally play and then stopped and started and skipped. Every time the CD player came on, it would make a chirping noise as it spun the perfectly clean, unscratched, company-supplied CD-G I put in (I tried two different CDs that came with it) before deciding whether to work briefly, with skipping, or not at all. When I plugged it into our TV, the lyrics also stopped and started, pixelated, stopped completely, and so on. I then tried to find an ipod dock adapter to fit my iphone, but there was none. At that point my husband said, "You just have to give up, it's not going to work." I was really sad to realize that he was right, and how disappointed my kids will be tomorrow morning.

I am disappointed to find out that I cannot download karaoke songs that show the lyrics on our TV. Also, we purchased an extra microphone, and when used with the other microphone this sometimes causes the entire system to shutdown all together.

Other than those two issues, we are basically happy with this product. For the price we paid, I still think it was a good deal.

Bought this for my daughter for her birthday... she opened it, loved it, we plugged it in and nothing. DOA. So, a very disapointed girl was without her Birthday gift. Amazon was very quick and easy on returns, they shipped a new one right away and it's been working GREAT ever since. Now for me, it sounds ok but for my 11 year old she loves it, keeps her iPod charged and she does sing with her favorite songs all the time. Great buy, go for it, I got a lemon the first time but Amazon took care of it promptly.

This machine has almost all the functionalities for a MUSIC PLAYER and provides decent sound quality. However if you are looking for a KARAOKE player there are 2 shortcomings I would have to point out.

1. It does not take vocal out.

2. It does not support MTV disc, which means, it can only play CDG discs, and you need to connect to TV to see the lyrics.



The good thing is, it supports iPod touch playing, just without the charging function and cannot play video clips from the iPod.

I ordered this product and I must say that it has everything you could ask for in a low priced machine. It will play CD's, CD+G's, and your Ipod. It also has pretty decent sound and is very light and portable. Overall a good buy, which is why I bought another one. - Karaoke - Microphone - Karaoke Machine - Ipod'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information