Wednesday 2 March 2011

Grill Accessories - grill accessories, grill tools


I read the reviews on the other Weber BBQ tools and felt these would fit my needs best. I didn't want a fork as "they" always recommend against piercing the meat you are cooking, which causes the juices to escape. I can always use a brush for applying sauces and this ones long handled enough it's not going to get lost in the shuffle. It also has plenty of space to hold a fair amount of sauce among the silicon bristles. (Although I haven't used it yet, just bought this set 6/19, I feel very confident it should work just fine! I've used other BBQ tools and these are a definite improvement!) The spatula is big enough to turn the biggest burgers you'd ever probably want to make and should work fine for fish too. The tongs have a long gripping area, and one thing I learned from the reviews on other types of Weber sets is that it's nice to have the ability to keep the tongs 'closed' as this set does. The handles are all nice and long so your hands and arms are kept safely from the heat. The pieces all have large loops so you can hang these tools from almost any size hangars! Oh, and there's enough silicon on the handles so they're easy to grip and shouldn't slip!! Weber Style 6425 Three-Piece Stainless Steel Tool Set

Pros:

-The price, for 3 pieces of this quality and usability (I never use a fork), it's a real deal

-Very rigid turner, doesn't flex much

-Tongs Close flush (a rarity and necessity)

-Very Good basting brush that doesn't drip, each "bristle" has a nub on the end that keeps it from dripping

-Bush is long and well weighted

-Nice rounded silicone grips on turner and brush

-Very attractive (not Weber STYLE for nothing)

-Dishwasher Safe

-Huge hanging rings

-Tongs have a slide lock



Cons:

-Tongs are a bit weak, fine for most grill work, but I wouldn't trust it to pick up a whole brisket

-Not the best brush for watery sauces, it doesn't drip, but it won't carry much. I like the Oxo Good Grips Large Silicone Basting Brush better for that, or for most "mopping" I use a spray bottle.



Summary:

If you are looking for a complete set of BBQ tools, look no further, this is what you need.

Despite the claim of being dishwasher safe, the first time I ran the brush through the dishwasher, it split in two. The 2 piece steel construction is not welded together, but rather glued together. This glue, which is located near the hook, did not stand the heat of the dishwasher. Now I have a brush that is split at the tail and can't hold the hook anymore. Too bad because it was a nice looking brush.



On the positive side, I really like the tongs for their flat grabbing area (which is surprisingly hard to find). This allows it to work like a mini-spatula and won't tear up your food as much.



The spatula works well for flipping burgers. I haven't run the spatula through the dishwasher yet and I'm not about to given what happened to the brush.



This is a 5-star set of tools as long as you don't put it in the dishwasher. However, it deserves a mediocre rating since the claim of being dishwasher-safe has already ruined one of the pieces.

These things are huge. They almost touch the ground dangling from my grill tool holder. The tongs are great--they can lock closed, and the spatula suits its purposes. The marinade baster thing kind of sucks. Really sucks. I bought this set and not the one with the fork so that I could get that baster, but I should have ordered the other one on amazon that is more popular. The baster does not have enough rubber "hairs" so it doesn't really hold much oil or marinade at all. Useless. The fork would have been better. The other tools are great though, but if you are considering the other three piece tool take that into consideration.

I'm glad I found this set because most of the other three-piece kits have a fork. This one has a basting brush. I find this much more useful, as you should try to avoid piercing a steak or burger with a fork while cooking.

I decided on this set vs the one with the fork and boy am I happy with the decision as I never use a fork to puncture my food (lets juices out) and the basting tool in this set work so well with the nubbies on the end so sauce does not drip. I really like the flat (spatula) style tongs vs the rounded spoon ones plush these have just enough ridge on the side to proved a great grip on food when turning. These are very long and heavy duty tools and I can throw them in the dishwasher with no problems. They are also very attractive looking tools!

I bought these for use with my old stainless Weber Genesis grill. The are nicely sized, for those who like to keep their hands away from the heat. They are also easy to clean both by hand or in the dishwasher, and fit nicely on the built in hangers on the side of my grill. I also like the fact that the tongs are locking, which add to the ease of storage.



Two potential flaws are that the tongs are a little too light weight, and thus have decreased functionality with larger and heavier proteins, and also that the brush could be a bit larger (especially given the length of the handle). At times I will use my large OXO brand silicone brush for larger jobs, but this is not necessary in most cases.



Overall I am happy with the purchase. Happy grilling this season!

The brush works GREAT and is sooooo easy to clean!! I was concerned about it's brushing ability when I purchased it....but it is FABULOUS!! The tongs and spatula are awesome too! Nothing but the best expected from Weber!

These grilling tools are made with very high quality. The pieces are large and durable enough to handle almost any foods one might put on the grill. They are a great length as well and ensure that your hands are far enough away from the heat. They are easy to clean and, at this price point, the tools are also very affordable.. I can't stop raving about them. For any grillers, amateur or serious, trust me, you'll want this set. - Grill Accessories - Cooking - Grill Tools - Barbecue'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Grill Accessories - grill accessories, grill tools cooking Grill Accessories - grill accessories, grill tools