Sunday 6 February 2011

Wireless Alarm - wireless alarm, security system


I've had this alarm for 2 months now and just ordered a second for the back door. The door alarm is VERY loud and piercing. I would think a burglar would not bother entering a home if this alarm was set off. If you want to use the Home mode (so that it sounds off right away when the door is opened), you have a choice of selecting "chime" or "alarm." For the Home mode using "alarm" you do have to activate it with your 4 digit code but you do not need to punch in your code if you're using "chime" for Home mode.



When you set it to "Away" mode, you just need to enter your 4 digit code and leave within 45 seconds. When you come home, you have 30 seconds to enter your code to deactivate the alarm. GE 45117 Deluxe Wireless Door Alarm

I have three of these. One is used as an instant on alarm for a door that nobody is supposed to EVER open. The alarm is LOUD AS THE DICKENS !!! I mean LOUD LOUD ear hurting loud. That's a good thing.



The other two are used as door chimes for every time a door opens (in our case at our place of business).



Th unit comes with both screws and double-sided pressure sensitive tape. Installation is a snap. They will mount on either side of the door, too. Setting your 4 digit code is also a no-brainer: hit the learn button, then enter your 4 numbers on the keypad. See the green light. You're done.



If anybody has a problem with this thing, then they are expecting it to be something it is not. Oh, of course it has batteries. And they are not included. So get some and quit whining.



For what it does, it does it well... and for a peanuts price, too. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

I am using my alarm as much to know if someone is coming IN as OUT. I have small children and you can't be too careful. I have my alarm set to chime whenever the door is opened. And it works like a dream. It's sufficiently loud for me to hear in my small house, even with a tv on. When we leave the door open (bringing in the groceries)it's nice that the door doesn't keep chiming. I honestly haven't set it to the alarm mode, so I can't comment on that.

this item does exactly what it says it does. the area i live in was having a rash of break ins mid day. my husband and i live in a 3 story colonial. it is hard enough to hear whats going on on other floors but add in daily life like tv, air conditioners, fans and music and you cant hear at all. when we are home during the day we set the alarm to chime and it lets us know if our door opens, from every floor. at night we set it to home so that if an intruder enters we will hear them. during the day when we are at work it is set to away to alert my neighbors if anyone tries to enter our home. you can not simply take out the batteries as another review stated ... you need a screwdriver to do so. and with the sheer volume of the sound that is outputted by the alarm, anyone would run from the home, thinking it was connected to a company. deffinatly worth the investment. we have put one on our basement door as well, to alert us if that door opens since we do not go down there very often.

This alarm had a quick easy setup, i had it up and going in less than five minutes. Followed the instructions which said to switch it to Chime mode to test that you had the keypad and door piece aligned correctly....i did, i was so happy a quick easy setup and an alarm that work for less than $20! So i showed my wife how to work the alarm, she set it and opened the door faster than I had...but to my dismay the alarm didn't register...turns out if you open the door really fast the alarm does not register! I tried this on three doors and got the same result everytime and the alarm was set up correctly. If someone breaks in don't you think there's a chance they may open the door quickly??? Avoid this...you really do get what you pay for and mine is now in the garbage.

If you're a merchant or a parent or anyone else looking for a simple alarm to let you know when a door is opened, this is a very good device. You can switch between a ding-dong alert for when you're in the room and a screaming siren when you want it as an intrusion alarm.



I had previously installed a similar alarm from First Alert. The problem with those is that they use hearing aid batteries which run down quickly and cost nearly $10 to replace. This GE alarm has more functionality and uses longer-lived and less costly to replace AAA batteries.



The only thing that prevented me from giving this alarm five stars is that I had to replace it after it failed after less than a year of use -- one of the control switches on the alarm failed.

I recently bought two of these alarms for my front and back door.

The product is exceptional for the price.

It is easy to install and easy to set up.

I really feel safe when I leave the house, or even when I am IN the house.

I used to have one that, after awhile, stopped taking my code.

Needless to say, THAT was embarrassing when the neighbors would come out to see what was going on. - Alarm - Home Security - Security System - Wireless Alarm'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


home security Wireless Alarm - wireless alarm, security system