Monday 21 February 2011

Headphone Accessories - ipod accessories, budfits


This thing is really tiny, which is good in concept but makes it work only so-so in my specific application. I have Shure earphones (model E4-c)and it was a real struggle to get the wires leading to the earbuds jammed into the appropriate space on the Acoustigrip. This also means it is basically not really possible to slide the Acoustigrip up and down for adjustment once it is installed. Also, the clip function (i.e., clipping the Acoustigrip to your shirt) is not the easiest to use. The opening on the Acoustigrip that attaches to your shirt is extremely small so you end up having to use your fingernail to jam a tiny bit of material into it to hold onto. At the end of the day, it all works ok -- it is just not as easy to use as it might be (at least paired with my particular earphones). ACOUSTIGRIP - Wire 'micro-management' for earphones, earbuds, iPod, iPhone, Zune, Sony. TWO BLACK attachment clips. MADE IN THE USA

I bought these clips at the same time that I bought a pair of Skull Candy Full Metal Jackets in early March of 2010. Be forewarned; The clips are tiny and therefore easy to lose. The basic design is for one to be used on the single wire portion of headphones and the second clip to be used on the two-wire section. The wires should not be forced into the clips for fear of cutting the cord's outer cover. If it seems snug, use a coin to open the clip a little wider. Then while the clip is still in a wider-than-normal state, the wire should slip in with little resistance. Attaching the clips to clothes is a little tricky because the jaws do not open too widely. More than likely, there are some models of earphones whose wires are just too thick to fit into these clips. Clipping onto the edges of clothes like hems or the side of a tie is much easier than pinching the fabric in the middle of a garment. One unanticipated benefit of using these clips is the reduction of noise created from the headphone cord slapping around. It's been my experience that the in-ear style of earphones often turns any contact with the cord into a soft noise. The vibrations caused by the cord simply moving over clothes has turned some people away from the in-ear style in favor of the kind originally packaged with an iPod. Keeping the cord clipped eliminated this noise.



Because I often wear headphones while doing a lot of physical activity where headphone cords can easily get snagged, I often run the cord under my shirt and around to the back of my head. Instead of having the cord in front of my chin, I clip the cord to the back of my shirt around where the tag is and have the earbuds run to my ears from the back. I mention my personal setup because these clips in particular do that job very well. They are small and unobtrusive whereas other clips I have used to route the cable in this manner always seemed to get in the way, rub on my neck or pull too much on the neck of my shirt. The small size and lightweight nature of these clips suits me perfectly.



I've used the Acoustigrips almost everyday for slightly more than a month and have found no noticeable deterioration in performance. Their hold on both wires and clothes remains secure.

I bought this wire management accessory to try and improve my handling of a pair or Shure SE350. True to other reviews (and the website of the manufacturer) this "clip" fits a specific set of earphones. It fits the Apple earbuds nicely as well as a pair of sport Sennheisers. Alas, not the Shures. So, be advised. It fits relatively thin cables not thick ones.



That said, if it fits your earphones the acoustic grips are awesome. Using one for the two earphones and one for the single cable part. I use them with my running earphones and they hold the cable in position during half-marathons (2 hours of continuos running).



I don't wear "thick" clothing I cannot comment on that limitation. For regular t-shirts and other sports gear the clips attaches perfectly.



I liked the acoustigrip enough to buy another pair!!!

a simple, super low-profile way to anchor your buds to a jacket or shirt for just about any activity under the sun. I even use them to anchor the cord of my waterproof buds while swimming. one-piece molded plastic with multiple cord management options. seriously good stuff.

Let me start by saying that I really like earbuds but absolutely hate it when, during my commute, I get shocked in the ear or (if I thread it inside my winter coat) have to struggle with them getting yanked out of my ear canal painfully. Enter the Acoustigrips.



I was pleasantly surprised by how simple and effective it was to incorporate these into my cheapie earbuds. You basically just need to push in the wires into the groove meant for them (the side grooves if after the headphone split and the top groove if before) and clip it onto your clothing. Once the Acoustigrip is attached to the headphones, its really easy to forget that its there and use your headphones as normal unless you have the need to clip them to something.



Some reviews complained about the small size of the Acoustigrip and I have to respectfully disagree. I think the size is small enough for it to be helpful as well as be inconspicuous when clipped to a shirt.



One thing I would have liked is for the actual part that clips to be a little bit narrower. Most of my shirts will usually slide right out of it with a little pulling so I have to fold a local area in half to keep the clip secure. Another point to mention is that having a little plastic bulge on your headphones can get it pretty conveniently caught on anything if it is just free hanging including zippers and pockets.



All-in-all, the Acoustigrips are a simple yet intelligent product that can help you avoid a hassle. I would recommend them to anyone who uses earbuds regularly during the winter. - Ipod Accessories - Complete Crap - Earbuds - Budfits'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Headphone Accessories - ipod accessories, budfits budfits Headphone Accessories - ipod accessories, budfits