Monday 21 February 2011

Digital Camera Bag - dslr case, dslr bag


This bag is great. It is lightweight yet feels and is really sturdy. The plastic/rubberized base is incredible. I put my Sony a350 with a 28-200mm zoom lens in it and stood it up on the base and it was completely balanced. I mean if you knocked into it then it would have fallen over but it can rest on the base fully loaded with camera and accessories and not topple over. The base is waterproof (haven't tested that feature) and just gives it a cleaner look. The stiching between the base and nylon on the bag looks and feels solid. The front pocket is small but it is able to hold a few memory cards (2-3 CF type) and a battery or two. The handle is comfortable to hold the bag with and is also attached well.



The only reason I did not give this bag 5 stars is that the shoulder strap is pretty cheap. It is a simple nylon strap but has no padding or anything which given the look and feel of the rest of the bag you would think the strap would be better. Overall, this bag is a great buy. I am sure there are other more expensive bags out there but this one has some good features and is resonably priced when compared to the Quantaray or Tamron bags you can buy online or at the Ritz camera store chain. Case Logic SLRC-200 SLR Camera Holster (Black)

The quality oh bag is good with some things which i missed during buying perhaps. The biggest of them is this bag do not have a hammock for suspension of the camera. The strap is punitive and should've been better. My D90 with kit lens fits perfectly. Good for single camera and lens for trek where u can't afford to carry more.

I had returned two other cases because they were just not right, too bulky for every day, too big for just my small bit of gear but not big enough to use for anything else. I just wanted a simple case to protect my camera (Canon Rebel XS EF-S 18-55 IS Kit),with lens attached, and maybe a few bits such as the battery charger, extra memory, info book. This really fits the bill, everything fits, it's not too heavy or bulky to carry around. I use my camera mostly right around the house, we go for walks to the park, beach, bike paths etc, and I have to usually take a bag with water and snacks for the kids anyway, so this little bag is easy to grag and go. It's stable when you set it down, and I like that the bottom is waterproof and has no seams to seep water up, that'll be very handy at the beach this summer, the woods in the spring. The only thing I really don't like is the strap, it's plenty long enough (I am 6ft tall so I need a longer strap for it to sit right, cross body style), but it could use a neck-protector padded part, but I can just make something simple to slide on the strap. Zippers seem plenty sturdy. I have all of the above mentioned things inside, plus my iPod fits tucked in there, which I like because I have a few apps I like to use to fun-up my pictures. I figure when I need to lug other stuff along, I can put this case in a backpack along with the rest of it. I think it's a good buy and I am very pleased with it.

Although the materials seemed OK, the construction of the Case Logic SLRC-200 appeared to be a little sloppy with a crooked top hand grip and the posted internal dimensions we're not accurate (larger than reality). The case was intended for a Nikon D300 DSLR which was carefully measured in advance of the order. Unfortunately, there was no way to squeeze the camera into the case so it had to be sent back. If I do order another camera holster from Case Logic, the advertised internal dimensions will have to be about 15-20% larger than my camera to ensure an adequate fit.

This DSLR bag is much smaller than I expected. I can fit my Rebel XSi, with EF-S 18-55mm, and a circular polarizer in the front pocket, but nothing more.



The biggest pain is trying to squeeze the strap around the edges to get everything to fit. I discovered that if you wrap the strap around the lens, and then try to fit the camera in, the whole process is much smoother.



Otherwise, the bag seems to be pretty durable, with an easy to use zipper, and hard rubber bottom. - Dslr Case - Photography - Dslr Bag - Camera Case'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information