Saturday 26 February 2011

Defective - 1080p lcd hdtv, lcd


I've owned this television for about a month now, and after you set it up and customize it to your viewing preference (it has a lot of options to tinker with) it's quite amazing. The picture is brilliant, vivid, sharp, and blacks are nice and dark. The smooth motion effect takes some getting used to because at times it may make a movie or show look like it's in fast forward when the camera is panning- I suggest keeping it on the "Medium" setting to counter this. The speakers are excellent, clear and loud. Vizio has really stepped it up with this t.v. VIZIO E470VL 47-Inch 120 Hz 1080p LCD HDTV, Black

Purchased this at CostCo. I wasn't expecting great things because of the relatively low price but the picture quality is amazing, better than the other 3 LCDs in our home. The HD picture is so clear that it took getting use to because the images seemed so real. It has an ambient light sensor which dims the screen light in dark and brightens it in daylight. I found it gets too dark at night for my liking. To disable the ambient sensor follow this sequence on the remote (Menu - Picture - More - Advanced Picture - Ambinet Light Sensor - off). Good luck.

Recently purchased at Sam's Club for $748. TV was easy to set up and has lots of custom adjustments. Image quality is excellent, built in Sound is OK. Has a built in ambient Light sensor that dims brightness of screen automatically depending on room lighting, but I prefer an always bright screen, so turned the Light Sensor off. Very happy with this purchase, and if you are looking for a 47 inch flat screen LCD you have to take a look at this unit, its a great value !

Purchased the TV yesterday, so I have not yet experimented with all of the features, and can't speak to the quality or longevity of HDMI, etc. yet.



I experienced the same issue as a prior reviewer with IR interference. I use a Logitech Harmony remote to control the TV, Dish Network satellite receiver, and a Yamaha AV receiver. Replacing the prior TV with the Vizio E470VL reduced the functionality of all of my other IR remotes significantly. They all still worked, but you had to aim the remote directly at the device and be very deliberate in pressing the buttons. With the TV turned off, or even covered with a blanket, the other IR remotes worked normally.



In googling, I discovered this isn't an uncommon issue, and not an issue limited to this manufacturer or model. Lots of televisions emit IR that can interfere with remote controls. I also stumbled on a resolution. Turning off the Ambient Light Sensor seems to all but eliminate the problem. All my remotes work fine now!



I hooked up a USB card reader to the USB port to view pictures on an SD card from a camera. It worked great, and the detail and clarity is amazing. I also hooked up a laptop via the VGA port and got a beautiful 1920 x 1080 display. Makes me want two of these for my desk, but I'd need a significantly larger desk..

I was really surprised to only see a few reviews for this television. I read the reviews for this TV on Amazon.com, [...], and a few others that I cannot recall names for at the moment. I am the type of consumer that enjoys doing the homework before going out to purchase a new electronic device. I want the best balance for quality and value.



I purchased my E470VL from Costco (8/29/10) for $[...] ( -$[...] instant rebate), only $[...]! Including a box a frozen pizza's the total was under $750 with tax.



Upon opening the box and assembling the stand, everything went together nicely. They put that nice clear protectors all of the TV to protect is from scratches. I just moved into a new place so I cannot testify to using the HDMI or VGA ports. I do however have digital cable with some HD channels and I have to say that the picture and sound from this TV are fantastic if you are not on a PRO A/V level. Any average TV/Gamer/Movie watcher would be really happy with this television.



There are lots of features to tweak and adjust if needed, which is nice. The one thing I didn't like was the way certain channels came up on the screen some in normal, others in full screen, etc. I have a feeling this was the broadcasting and not the television though.



I would give this TV a true 4.5/5 stars due to the quality/cost value that is achieved from this great unit.



PROS:



47" is big.... for my tiny living room.

120Hz.... not 240 but much cheaper

true 1080P =)

plenty of ports/connections on the rear

great picture quality!

lots of menu features

sound great for STOCK TV



CONS:



Actual TV buttons (input,power,volume,etc) on side of TV are kind of cheesy (look cheap)

The USB does not play video =(

No Internet Apps.... As of 8/10 they still cost a bit more than $700...



I say go for it at this time, TV is still a great value for the cost. Pay less and save now, then wait for the new technology to settle in cost!



Cheers!

I just got my TV a month ago on black Friday, and absolutely love it, what really took me by surprise is the sound quality, sometimes I get a feeling of surround sound just from the TV. The only drawback was what seems to be the most common problem with the ambient sensor, i.e. the picture was dark and my remotes were sluggish. I have turned it off (thanks to reading these reviews) and now everything works fantastic! Great TV

I bought this TV at a local Wal-Mart. It's got a great picture and decent sound. Unfortunately, after a week, all the HDMI ports were dead! So I returned it and got an identical model. Worked fine for a while, but after about another week, HDMI port #2 died. Called Vizio, they tried to trouble shoot it, but did not succeed. They told me they were going to send me a replacement. A couple days later, I get a call from Vizio. They said they didn't have that TV in stock and didn't have anything comparable to swap it out for. They told me they would issue a refund. A freight company would come to my house, pack up the TV, and I'd get a refund within 3 weeks! I said forget it. Took it back to Wal-Mart, and got a Samsung 46" which works like a dream. Sorry Vizio, you lost me.



So this is my cautionary tale. While I think Vizio is a good company, I would stay far away from this model. - 1080p Lcd Hdtv - 1080p - 120hz - Lcd'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Defective - 1080p lcd hdtv, lcd 1080p Defective - 1080p lcd hdtv, lcd