Saturday 26 February 2011

Ceramic Straightener - long plates, hair straightener


I bought this flat iron, after almost choosing the Chi.

I've heard many stories about Chi's breaking after a year, which of course means no warranty. I didn't want to waste money on something that wouldn't last, so I searched more until I found this flat iron. Many people that had/have Chi's said that this flat iron is better.



After using it for the first time, wow! My hair was very smooth, sleek, healthy-looking, and straight! (obviously)

I'm so glad I purchased this flat iron, I was sick of my old one damaging my hair and not straightening it, or keeping it pin-straight all day. This one doesn't damage my hair (always use heat defense before using), and it makes it look even healthier. It smooths all the frizz, and creates smooth, sleek, healthy looking straight hair.



I've only had to use this flat iron on setting 30 (30/50 x 450 degrees), so I use it at 270 degrees and it's able to fully straighten my hair and keep it straight all day, until the next wash. Never use higher heat than your hair needs! You will only be simply damaging and maybe even burning your hair this way, leading to many split ends.BaByliss Pro BABNT3072 Nano Titanium-Plated Ultra-Thin Straightening Iron, 1 Inch

Before the Babyliss, I used Conair's $20 straighteners...for five years, actually. Those broke down once in a while, and when I got fed up with the static electricity that they put in my hair, I decided to invest in a more expensive brand--the Babyliss (which I found after thoroughly researching straighteners).



I definitely saw differences in the efficiency of each straightener. The Babyliss iron heats up VERY quickly, and retains the heat. Whereas I had to spend over 10 minutes (doing things in between waiting for the iron to reheat between swipes) straightening my hair imperfectly with the Conair brand, with the Babyliss I could straighten my hair in under 5...and yes, it was STRAIGHT. I also loved how it had a limited 4-year-warranty.



One of the cons of this iron is that it is so good at retaining heat that you have to be super careful. It is hard to hold onto the barrel when curling hair, and once I accidentally touched the plate a couple minutes after I had unplugged the appliance. It was painfully hot. Besides this, I would also like the Babyliss more if its shape was rounder, which allows, in my opinion, for nicer curls and flips. Check the customer images for the curls I made with the Babyliss, on my third attempt or so.



I would also be careful with handling the iron. It is not so sturdy. Mine actually broke to pieces in a check-in bag, so I used it for less than three weeks. It was good while it lasted. When it broke, I ordered a Le Angelique Pro, which is less expensive than the Babyliss and comes with a Lifetime Warranty, though it is not Nano Titanium or Ionic. I actually like my Le Angelique even more than this one, because it is less unbearably hot, it has a great round shape that makes for prettier curls, and I feel like it retains my hair's volume more. Perhaps I had set the Babyliss on too-high heat settings--my hair looked a bit flat when I straightened it.



Still, the Babyliss is a fantastic product that will make bad hair days history.

I love this straightener! I have had several others, including some professional models, that snagged my hair and caused it to break. This one didn't pull once! The plates are super smooth, and heat up quickly. I was worried that the plates are metal, because I've heard so much about ceramic, but I did a little reading and it seems that titanium is also good. After using it, this straightener did as good or better than ceramic units I've used--my hair was incredibly smooth and shiny. I used it for the first time before going out with a friend, and the first thing she said was "wow your hair looks great!"



I have thick wavy hair that is fairly difficult to straighten. I almost always use the highest setting on other flat irons, but on this one I was happy with one of the medium settings--it does get very, very hot on the higher settings! It was very easy to use though, especially with the narrow plates, and the shape of the casing makes it easy to flip hair around. I haven't tried curling with it yet, but I plan to!



Some folks have commented on a gap between the plates. There is a tiny gap of maybe 1mm, but unless you have very, VERY fine hair, it should be filled up (and then some) by the hair you are straightening. - Long Plates - Babyliss - Best Flat Iron - Hair Straightener'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information