Friday 14 January 2011

Trimline Phone - caller id, corded phone


I have been using this At&t Trimline corded phone (TR1909B) for about 2 months now. I am sorry, but I can't recommend this product for the following reasons:



Sound quality is terrible both in the receiver, and microphone to the other party. It sounds muffled with very poor frequency response. The other party hears people as if they were talking in a tunnel. For this reason alone, you should not buy this phone.



When you press the phone agaist your face, it's quite likely you will hang it up! The hang up button is flush with the ear area. All it takes is a slight press, and the phone is disconnected. I have had many disconnects this way.



The display has almost no contrast and even in bright light the LCD display cannot be read. It does have a contrast adjustment, but it only can make it worse from it's default setting. Also the display has no backlight.



The cord it came with is really short, and cannot be detached from the phone base. It is hard wired in. So, to lengthen it you need a line coupler which will cost you another 5 dollars, and a trip to a electronics store.



The phone requires 4 AA batteries which so far have lasted two months, and does add some weight to the base. However, the base is still too light weight. Picking up the phone nearly always causes the base to be lifted off the table and will likely hit the floor.



This chinese made phone is of poor quality, and I think you'll be disapointed in it if you purchase it.



No one seems to make a decent handset style phone these days. Really, I would be willing to pay up $100 for a good phone. AT&T TR1909B Corded Caller ID Trimline Phone (Black)

I did not get the black/silver phone that the photo showed and I thought I had ordered. Ok, I decided that even though I got solid black, I would keep it. Then I discovered that the display dial wasn't lighted even though the photo looks like it is. It doesn't even light up when the phone rings. In the dark there's no way one could find the phone when it rings. The caller number is difficult to see, and in the dark it is impossible. What good is it when you can't read the caller id?



I realize this is a very inexpensive phone, but a lighted display is little enough to expect. I am very disappointed in this phone and don't recommend it.

I bought this phone to hang in my bathroom, and I am happy with it - it sounds fine, dials fine and tells me caller ID. They make the same thing without caller ID that is even less expensive. There are eronious posts here that say the cord is hard-wired into the phone, and they are wrong; it isn't. Someone else also posted I believe that the phone won't hang on a wall, or the phone handset falls off if the phone is hung vertically. Again, they are wrong. They simply are not reading the instructions. There is a handy, reversible, attachment on the back which you can remove to accomodate sturdy wall mounting, and under this attachment is the tail of the cord, which you can uplug like any other standard phone cord. Hence you can add a longer cord between the phone and you jack if you want it, or for me a put a very short one in there since it was all that was needed to hand it on the wall. Additionally, you simply need to flip a little insert in the cradle area and the phone hangs on the wall perfectly and the handset hangs without falling. Lastly, this phone takes batteries if you want to store numbers in memory, etc. If you don't care about that you will still see caller-id when someone calls, you just can't store numbers. Hence the phone will work without batteries if you want a 'battery-free' phone. Overall for the money no complaints. I just wish other people would read the included instructions before they post ignorant reviews.

I bought this phone for a small phone in my bedroom. within 5 minutes, I packed it up and I am returning it. The sound quality is horrible. The display is dim and hard to see. The buttons on the handset get in the way and you hit them when your holding the phone. The phone plug won't stay in any jacks in my house. It wont click in. Simple fix I figured. I figured I would just use another phone cord. Noooooo. The phone cord is wired into the phone so you can't swap it out for a better one or even a longer one. So you better want a phone with a 4 foot cord.



Avoid this phone. Pay $10 more and buy something better that is not made in China.

Works fine on a desk, but I bought it to hang on the wall in my kitchen. It will not hang without falling and the cord into the wall is several feet too long, so it is very difficult to wrap it up inside the rear of the phone as intended. I am using it on a table, upon which it works fine.

Honestly, we need to get our products made in the USA again. The phone says, "Custom made in China for AAT" on the underside of it. (AAT stands for Advanced American Telephones - I guess they have some deal with AT&T in the sales of this, but whatever the case they really should rethink the name of their business because this telephone obviously wasn't made in America and it sure isn't ADVANCED)



I picked this up at Office Max because I didn't need to spend over $100 to get a phone just so I wouldn't miss calls in the next room, or so I thought. I just wanted a basic phone that had a ringer switch on it and a mute button. This phone is basic alright. The mute doesn't seem to mute from what I can tell and the high switch on the ringer is not very loud at all.



I read another review and the person that said they bought the phone so it could be wall mounted but were really disappointed because it can't be wall mounted as the receiver falls off is absolutely right. It's downright laughable. There's no mounting this thing on the wall, except maybe you could get a little creative and add velcro strips from the hardware store. If you don't mind the fuzzy velcro against your ear - and you might have a harder time hearing your party with that over the earpiece - not to mention if you did velcro it, the receiver still might not hang up the phone properly if the button isn't pressed all the way down. So scrap the velcro idea.



All in all, just make a better phone and put our American workers back to work so our products will be better, last longer and our economy will begin to recover. And before someone starts harping on me that I only paid $15 for it and "I get what I pay for" - listen, I shouldn't HAVE to spend over $100 on a phone to make sure it works right, hangs on the wall without receivers falling off and such, etc, etc. We had better phones 20 years ago and I remember only spending the same money then on them. For crying out loud. :P - Corded Phones - Caller Id - Corded Phone - Trimline'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Trimline Phone - caller id, corded phone corded phone Trimline Phone - caller id, corded phone