Friday 14 January 2011

Activity Table - kids outdoor toys, activity table


I bought this for my son who is 19 months old. He LOVES playing in the water and so I thought he would enjoy this for many, many hours. While he does have fun with it, he likes spending most of the time taking the pieces off. Normally that wouldn't be a problem, except that when the lighthouse comes off and water gets into the base, the music plays OVER and OVER and OVER - kind of a problem for a toy that is supposed to have water in it. Also there is NO on/off button for the music which is annoying not only when water gets into the base of the lighthouse, but when we are trying to empty the water out and put it away.

Great idea for a toy, but I wouldn't recommend it until they come out with a new and improved version. iPlay Sights and Sounds Splash Table

My son is a huge fan of the magnetic crane on this water table. I love the octopus fountain. The major problem is that the lights and sounds began malfunctioning within a couple of days of opening it. Sometimes sounds don't work. Sometimes lights don't work. Sometimes sounds go off without being triggered. Why would you make a water table with electronic parts that malfunction when it comes in contact with... WATER?!?! Did I mention there's no "off" button?

My son is almost 2 y/o and this looked like an amazing toy he could spend lots of time playing with. Unfortunately, now I wish I had bought something simpler with less small parts. The various pieces on it (the tree, lighthouse, crane etc) come off very easily. He spends most of his time taking it apart rather than playing with it. Perhaps he will like it more as he gets older, but I think it would be better if the fixtures on it were firmly attached. Very cute idea though.

My mother bought this table for my daughter's first birthday. We were so excited that we even invited over her best baby friend (14 months) to have a 4th of July Splash Table Party. We were so dissappointed when the octopus did not work at all. The sounds were barely audible too. We decided to put new batteries in, thinking that maybe the batteries we purchased were duds. Sadly, it was the toy that was a dud! Fortunately, the girls had fun with the water, even without all the bells an whistles. But then again, they had just as much fun when I filled our big salad bowl with water and floated a few toys in there.



Needless to say, I exchanged the table for another one. I hesitated when they asked me if I wanted to exchange it or get store credit - I should have just listened to my gut and gotten the credit, but I went ahead and got a new one (my daughter loves water more than any other kid I have ever known!).



Surprise, surprise...The octopus doesn't work! Well, it does squirt out a tiny tiny bit of water for about a half a second, but only about a half inch high (nothing at all like the picture on the box).



I am so sad to see such a horribly manufactured toy on the market and for so much money no less! Play in the bathtub, outside in a sprinkler, or even with a salad bowl full of water, but just please don't waste your money on this, it will be such a let down for everyone.

I bought this for my toddler, he loves water. He liked it for about a week, and is no longer interested in it. It doesn't have have staying power for him (we bought it about 3 months ago). It does malfunction as the reviewers above have said, although this hasn't really occurred that often with ours, and it doesn't bother me--it wouldn't be a factor in whether I purchased this again or not. If I could have the manufacturer change one thing, it would be that the octopus would squirt water right after you press the lighthouse (right now a short sequence of sounds plays first--I think this is one reason my toddler isn't very interested anymore, he doesn't have the patience to wait for the squirting water).



Our golden retrievers (and our cat) love to drink out of this toy; they no longer use their water bowls. At least they are getting use out of it!



Great idea that somehow fell short in its execution.

My now 14-month-old received this for his first birthday. He loves it, but spends most of his time taking it apart. The problem is that the toys included on the table are not fastened on, and my son loves to take them off and throw them. The palm tree comes apart and comes off of the table, the little man comes off of the crane and the crane comes off of the table, and the lighthouse comes off. He's even recently figured out how to pull the store/station building off. That being said, he really enjoys playing with it, just not for its intended use. In fact, he is not nearly as interested in the toy when we put water in it. He also enjoys pushing the table around the house. If you don't mind hunting down the parts to this after your child throws them around, the table should provide lots of entertainment, just not for the purpose for which it was designed. - Activity Table - Outdoor Toys - Water Table - Kids Outdoor Toys'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information