Friday 14 January 2011

Panties - cotton, panties


I purchased these a few years ago at a local department store and can no longer find them for sale at any retailer in my area, so I was very happy to find them on the internet.

I went to Kohls, Walmart, Target, etc., and all these department stores sell anymore in the way of underpants are all kinds of things that don't cover up the behind at all. I am interested in comfort, not trying to seduce anyone, so these nice, clean, breathable, cotton underpants are comfortable for everyday living and suit me just fine.

If you want to show off your behind and are not interested in comfort, these aren't for you. If you want comfortable cotton these are recommended.

For those of you who are not familar with this style and brand, you need to take a look at the size chart, because a size 7 in these underpants are considered an extra large. So measure and go by the size chart and you won't have any problem with them fitting.

I would be even happier with this product if it were offered in select colors, such as all black, all white, etc. I had to settle for an assorted colors package. Fruit of the Loom Women's 6-Pack Cotton Body Tone Briefs,Assorted,8

I purchased this 6-pack of Fruit of the Loom panties in a size 10. They are well constructed and comfortable to wear but man, they are HUGE! I guess I should order a size 7 in the future because these are like wearing boxer shorts. It's a good thing the waist band is elasticized or they would probably drop to my knees.



I kept them because it would be too much of a hassle to exchange. I wear them with my baggy shorts when I'm on the treadmill. They are perfect for that since they don't bind or ride up.

When I opened them I thought, "waay too big" ...not worth sending back. Darn it !



But, they actually fit well, cover everything and are unbelievably comfortable !!



NOT something I would let my man see though, very granny.



NOT for low-waisted jeans, either !

To be clear, and in case anyone is put off by reviews stating the panties run big, ALL cotton panties are bigger right out of the package. Before you think they'd make a terrific sail for a small boat, wash them in a warm or hot water cycle, and dry them on high. That said, I bought Jockey briefs (paying a small fortune at Kohl's) three months ago, and they've already started to come apart at the stitching around the waist as well as getting some small holes near the crotch seam. Plus they're MUCH larger--even after washing--than these Fruit of the Loom panties. They fit okay when I put them on, but sag and bag by the end of the day. Not attractive, very uncomfortable, and for a price of $20 per three pack.These Fruit of the Loom panties are 6 for $10, and while I don't yet know if they'll hold up better than Jockey brand, at least I won't have paid more than $6 for each brief. I'm taking a 10 day trip very soon, so needed some new undies. For $1.66 each, I'll be happy if they simply hold up long enough for my travels. On average, my experience with Fruit of the Loom is they hold up for about 6 months. Most stores no longer carry the brand. I find Hanes brand cotton panties start falling apart a bit sooner, and the fit isn't as comfortable as Fruit of the Loom. Yes, these are "Granny Panties", and not a bit sexy. Since my husband isn't traveling with me (and I'm not looking for a cruise ship fling)I don't need sexy lingerie... I need basic, cotton, comfortable panties. These fit the bill nicely!

I only ordered for the 2 black pairs pictured and was disappointed when the package arrived with only one in six being black! Especially since they are not comfortable to me, as I prefer boy leg cut and rayon. I wanted black for traveling when I might need to wash underwear with dark clothes. I may donate the rest to Good Will or Salvation Army.

So annoying--the ONLY reason I bought this underwear was because the photo showed beige/black colors. Instead what I received was 2 pink, 1 maroonish, 2 beige and ONE black. This is not what I wanted. I could get this color combo anywhere -- didn't have to order on line for crying out loud!!

I got this item in time and was happy with the delivery.As soon as i opened the pack,i started laughing.The sizing is ridiculous.After reading few reviews about big size,i ordered them smaller than my pre pregnancy size and still i can fit them on my 29 week pregnant belly now.I think later it would come down to my knees post delivery.My husband joked that if we cut them in front and put buttons then we can have onesies for baby.The material is soft and comfortable and i will order from the same brand as soon as i can figure out correct size. - Panties - Cotton'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Panties - cotton, panties cotton Panties - cotton, panties