Monday 3 January 2011

Sidekick


Because in my humble opinion, the phone is fun. I'm so sick of touch phones I couldn't bear my TMobile Mytouch 3g anymore. The thing was a pain, force close, slow, etc. I wanted a full keyboard again. People seem to love smaller, because admittedly, it's more accessible. However, just forego the body glove on this phone, and it still fits in your pants pocket. I tend to think bigger phones get taken better care of, because you're more aware of it. My phone doesn't force close. It's incredibly fast. I enjoy Media Hub app, which allows me to purchase or rent movies right to my phone. For the inability to see in broad daylight, turn the light up on your phone. I did and mine works fine.

Being able to text and surf the web at warp speeds has been very enjoyable. I've found the phone to have some things that seem bulky or what not, but all in all nothing is ever perfect. So I'm rating this 5 stars. T-Mobile Sidekick 4G Android Phone, Matte Black (T-Mobile)

I used to have the previous Danger sidekicks, the original sidekick and the sidekick id. I was thrilled when Tmobile debuted with the new sidekick. It's not at all like the old sidekicks, the only thing in common with them is the screen flipping up. It's very easy to manage and I love all the android apps. It is more bulky than other phones, but not so much that it's an issue. Plus, this sidekick is a touchscreen. also, as a side note it's manufactured by Samsung. I definitely recommend the phone. It's highly customizable.

I was looking to replace a MyTouch 3g with a modestly priced touch screen phone. That phone turned out to be the Sidekick 4G with its physical keyboard. And as for the Pros, that keyboard ended up being the only major plus. But other minor positives were a responsive touch screen, long battery life, and the Wi-Fi calling.



Here's the NEGATIVES: It's big, it's heavy, it feels slightly cheap, the USB/charging slot cover is annoying to open, the phone charger is extremely cheap, the camera is only 3g with no flash, poorly placed buttons, poor volume control, the Cloud Text feature is a joke, and the screen is virtually unreadable in sunlight.



Let me explain. This heavy and bulky phone will not fit into any cell phone holder your midsized car has to offer. Plus, it leans quite far out of the cup holder. The plastic case and the big buttons give it a cheaper feel. When going to charge the phone, if you don't have a decent fingernail, you'll never get the USB cover open. The charger is so cheap you'd think it was a replacement knock-off. The camera takes decent pics, but using it is a complete pain. First, the physical camera button is placed opposite the power button. So when you go to take a photo, you accidently turn off the phone. And because of the phone's size, you need to use both hands and your other hand tends to get into the camera shot. The loud speaker can be great when needed, but it should be responsive. I've had the volume one notch above vibrate and the email notification was still audible 10 feet away. The touted Cloud Texting was a major selling point for me so I tried it via my iPad 2 - pitiful. The website layout and text functionality was poor. I'd be embarrassed to advertise it. And lastly, I was floored when I walked outside and literally had to find shade in order to vaguely see the icons on the screen.



I've had the phone for 2 days and it's going right back.

This phone is a joke!! Very bulky and cheap feeling. I am on my second phone and am still having problems with the screen going black and becoming unresponsive. This requires a reboot every time. The battery life is decent, even with all notifications and syncs turned off. Charging takes about 5 hours to fully charge from 20% battery remaining. Text notification sounds randomly change, which is very annoying. Screen is hard to see outdoors, even at brightest setting. Save your money and buy a better phone!

hey the thing is that im from latinamerica and i wanna get one of this phones but i have not idea if this cell phone can be used in my country, please can you tell me if this phone is unlocked already for be used at any country? and if it is not, can you tell me the price of this phone unlocked? and where can i get it? thanks a sorry for my intent of english'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Sidekick Sidekick Sidekick