Saturday 29 January 2011

Hdmi Wall Plate - electrical, wall mount


I wanted to run my home theater cabling inside the walls and over the ceiling, which required some type of finished terminals for the speaker ends. This bracket was ideal to cut into the various locations in the ceiling and walls, then add a single gang plate for the jacks, thus allowing me with a short run from the speakers using banana plugs. There isn't much need for a single gang box since the entire installation is low voltage. Anyone possessing rudimentary carpentry skills should be able to do the job fairly readily. I recommend that you cut the holes just a little undersized, then trim to fit taking care to ensure that the tops and bottoms are parallel and square with the two sides of each bracket. It helps to be certain that the holes are well marked before making the cuts with a good drywall saw so as to avoid oddly shaped holes and out of plumb work. Of course, you can patch it up afterward, however that takes time. I might mention that I looked at mounting brackets at my local hardware/lumber mass merchandiser when I did the installation and found their solutions to be about 4 times the cost and inferior in quality and utility. (They just happen to have orange as one of their corporate colors.) It did take a few days for UPS ground to deliver, however it takes a while to do all the prep work and get the cable runs in place anyway, so you'll likely be just about ready for them when they arrive. Good product and the seller was responsive. Arlington LV1-1CS Single Gang Low Voltage Mounting Bracket Device

I used these to mount my rear surround speakers. Super easy to use, just trace and cut. I double checked the cut lines with a small level before I cut all of the way through the drywall. Be careful not to over-tighten the screws - these things ARE plastic afterall.

This bracket is the pefect solution for an easy clean looking wall mount . It wil accept many differant face plated depending on your needs. Please keep in mind to use common sense when configuring your needs. I simply needed a clean way to run speaker wire up through the wall. This does not replace a gang box but it does provide a sturty fixtur to mount any faceplate.

I wanted to see what electricians were using before I started my project. Found out Arlington is king of this stuff. Make sure you KNOW whats out there before you start your project. After seeing other products, i wanted to go back and change my project. Not a bad thing just interesting.

First off, the item works well and feels good while you're installing. The quality deserves 5stars. It doesn't feel like its going to break in your hands. this item is 1-gang(the size of a single lightswitch, they make 2-4 gang) and i used this cable wall plate to make it look good.



I could go back, I'd probably buy boxes with more features. These below are paintable and seem to be complete...

IF you're planning a big project for your TVs and devices, look into this 4-gang multibox thing:Arlington TVB613-1 Recessed TV Outlet Box with Paintable Trim Plate, White, 4-Gang



and this is the big daddy kit i found that lets you complete a project. Looks like amazon doesn't sell yet. Arlington TVBR2505K TV Bridge Power Kit

Easy to install. I would have given it five stars but I kept snagging the cables on the big tabs that clamp the frame to the drywall. This product is great for protecting the drywall and allowing you to use standard wall plates for low voltage applications. - Low Voltage - Wall Mount - Electrical - Wall Plate'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information