Saturday 29 January 2011

Camcorder Case - camera case, case logic


Finding a case for the Panasonic DMC-G1 is next to impossible. I ordered two other cases from on-line vendors and neither was able to hold this camera, i.e. case was too small. I think most vendors think the Panasonic G1 (124x84x45mm) is the same size as the GF1 (119x71x36.3mm). This case is able to hold the camera with a 14-45mm lens. A little room remains in the main compartment to allow the Panasonic 45-200mm lens to fit while attached to the camera. The case is not large enough to store a second lens, unless the lens attached to the camera body is a 20mm pancake lens. The camera rests in the main compartment with the camera on its side, pointing left-right. Sewn into the main compartment is a padded divider, that could be used to create a section to store a second lens, assuming a 20mm lens is attached to the camera. The two side, zippered compartments are large enough for small accessories such as spare battery, memory cards, lens cloths, etc. In addition, there is a zippered compartment on the inside of the main compartment lid. Case Logic provides a shoulder strap.



This is not my preferred case type, but it does provide inexpensive protection for my camera. I like cases that allow the camera weight to be carried by the camera's strap, i.e the camera strap extends through the case. Due to fact that the camera is now discontinued, the manufacturer's case (DMW-PGS18XEK)for this camera appears to be available only from Great Britain. I received one quote for overseas purchase and shipping for [...], or [...] based on today's exchange rate. Case Logic DCB-305 Camcorder Kit Bag (Black)

If your looking at this for a superzoom camera with few accessories it is perfect. My Panasonic FZ100 fits in nice and snug, and also fits extra battery, cables, lenses, memory cards etc.



However it is a lot smaller than that it looks in the picture. I can't fit everything in there, I have to choose between cables or charger. But not really an issue because I'm taking it travelling and will have my backpack with me to carry the extras.



If you want to carry everything i.e. macro/tele lens, plus charger and cables you will want something bigger.



Hope this helps



Happy snapping :)

This is really great. I bought if for use with my sony nex-3, rather than for a video camera. It fits the camera well, as well as my ipod and an extra lens. However, now that I have three lenses, there is not enough room to put in all my lenses and my camera body, so I will have to upgrade to a larger bag. I you have a camera and two lenses though, this is a great bag. Plus, the side pockets are great for storing extra caps and such. - Camcorder Case - Case Logic - Camcorder Bag - Camera Case'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Camcorder Case - camera case, case logic camcorder case Camcorder Case - camera case, case logic