Saturday 29 January 2011

Ball Stabilizer - ball chair, balance ball


I ordered this thinking that it could possibly adjust to height differences, or that it would be tall enough for me to sit on comfortably. It is very short and there is no way to adjust it. I do like sitting on it but it puts me low to the ground which I do not like. It would not be compatible with most desks unless you have a tray that can move up and down for your keyboard. DynaFlex BC0320 Ball Chair with Base

I bought this since my husband and I were looking for ways to improve core strength. It has proved to be a good addition to our exercise and stretching/yoga programs. Since you spend so much time on the computer, you might as well use a chair that helps you improve your posture and strength, while preventing you from slouching.

The ball chair arrived with no instructions and missing the thin metal bar that is supposed to help keep the ball in position, but I've found it isn't necessary. The ball also needs a little inflating every couple of weeks, but again, no big deal. It's a great affordable substitute for similar chairs, such as the Evolution Chair, which retails for twice the price. I recommend using it for a short time, maybe 30 minutes daily, then gradually working up to all-day use over a 2-3 week period so your back doesn't get tired and you gradually build up core strength. All in all, a great item!

I bought this as a replacement for my desk chair. Since I am at my desk and computer so much, I figured that I should make sure that I got something that would help my posture as well as finding a place for my tush. Now that I have had it for a month, I've no real complaints. Since I'm 6'3", I was concerned that the base and ball would make me too high for my desk, but the 55" ball that came with it is just right for my height. The base is not adjustable up or down, by the way. Perhaps I didn't read the description correctly, but I wasn't aware that it came with a ball, so wasted some money buying an extra one. The only other "ding" on the product is that it is priced high for what you get (a plastic mold with wheels). However, it is cheaper and better for you than a regular chair, so no real complaints. Thumbs up!

I was having a lot of lower back problems due to sitting in a chair all day at work. While getting up and moving around more often is important, it is hard to do when you have more work than you can keep up with. This balance ball chair makes a world of a difference by helping to keep my core in motion even while I'm sitting. I originally tried a regular balance ball, but it was difficult to use without the wheels. This chair is the best of both worlds, giving the added motion of a balance ball, and the mobility of a chair with wheels. It didn't come with the bar that is shown in the photo to hold the ball in place, but it isn't required since the ball stays put in the holder without it. Some reviewers complained about the height of the chair, but as it is a balance ball, the height is easily adjustable by adding or releasing air. I am 5'4", and was able to fill it to a perfect height for my body and desk.

I would've rated this chair 5 stars, but I'm very annoyed by the locks on the wheels. I've never had a chair with locking wheels, so I don't know why they felt they were needed on this one. I accidentally close the locks with my legs several times a day, and have to keep unlocking them because of it. If it wasn't for these locks, it would be the perfect office chair.

The DynaFlex ball chair with base has been wonderful for me! I am at my desk for most of the day in front of a computer, this makes me more conscious of my posture as well as gives me an opportunity to do "mini" exercises off to the side on my break. I suggest this to anyone who has a "desk job"!

No problem with the base. The ball is far too small and I am on the short side. So now what?? My co-worker got a Gaiam product it was perfect. I looked to see a size in the description but assumed they would send the appropriate size so I spent 60+ dollars and the product is of no use. I will have to return. Very disappointed.

The chair came the first time with no plug to hold the air in. I returned it for an exchange. The second chair came with a plug and i was able fill the ball with air and inserted the plug. However, the chair is to short to work at a standard height desk. Also, it came with no instructions. I do not recommend this chair to anyone.

The negatives about this ball were that if you're tall it isn't good for you. Well, short people unite! I am petite and I LOVE THIS BALL CHAIR.



I will say if you're over 5'7" I would look in to a larger ball chair option. But, if you're small this is a great option!! - Ball Chair - Back Relief - Office Chair - Balance Ball'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information