Sunday 19 December 2010

Vantage Point - home theater component shelf, glass tv component shelf


I ordered two of these and have them installed into the wall in my home theater. One holds my projector and the other holds whatever component is being projected (Xbox, Wii, Laptop, Ps3). At first it seems weird to set them up with the rounded end against the wall and the square end pointing out, but it actually does work better that way.



Since there are only two points where this attaches to the wall, it DOES rock sideways a little bit. Actually it's more of a rotate, but you know what I mean. Getting the mount perfectly level is a lot more difficult that you'd think.



Also, once the shelf is fully installed, it DOES tilt DOWN, and is not square with the wall. That's just the way it is. Normally that's not a big deal, but it was a big deal for me, because I have my projector sitting upside down on it for an inverted-front-projection and across about a 10 foot throw the image dropped about 6 to 7 inches more than it should have.



I had to mount this into a wood stud with the screws it came with (behind 2 layers of drywall). I had initially bought some 50-lb drywall anchors and used those to hold the shelf with my projector on it, but as I was setting everything up the shelf started tilting forward and the top anchor pulled right out of the wall. The weight was not the issue -- it was the torque (twist away from the wall around the bottom of the bracket). I caught everything in time, and want my lesson to be served as a warning to others -- DO NOT try mounting this directly into drywall unless you have the mounts that expand in the empty space behind the drywall (and if you don't know what that means, then just don't try it at all).



NOTE TO NEW PURCHASERS: Do NOT install the top plate before attaching the bracket to the wall! You will have a loose and slightly less unstable connection. Vantage Point AXWG-01S Extra Shelf - Silver for AXWG-03S

It's super easy to install, Just align it right and two screws only. And after installing it, it is soooooo clean. I used it for putting my theater projector. The shelf blend in so well. Love it.



I ordered three in total, I'm going to put a receiver on another one. The spec says it will hold 25 pounds, and the receiver is exactly 25 pounds. Let's see if it will actually hold up or not. :)

Very solid item that looks nice and performs as expected. Mounting was extremely simple and straighforward. The mount itself is very sturdy and the glass shelf is a comforting thickness.





HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

It was simple to install and did exactly what it was bought to do, which was store the dvd player near the TV on the wall. It looks nice and does not take up much room. I purchased new from Amazon and had a good experience. Previously I had attempted to purchase one from a private party the BC Trader and it delayed my purchase by several weeks because the item was never sent.

My husband and I bought this shelf to hold our satellite box for our new TV we mounted in our bedroom. He wasn't thrilled that it didn't have anything to hide the cords, but that really hasn't mattered. The back of the shelf is curved, so the cords can be run behind. We mounted the shelf above the TV and you can't see any of the cords or cables. I didn't personally mount the shelf, so I can't attest to it's installation, but I love it. Because of the glass the satellite box almost looks like it's floating. It looks neat and clean and could easily hold more than the satellite box. We are very pleased with this shelf and would recommend it to anyone.

This product is great. If you don't have a power drill, it becomes a test of strength based on your wall. Me and a friend spent a long time trying to actually get the screws that came with it all the way in. Once we did, we saw how nice and sturdy it was. It's great for mounting anything the size can handle. Right now, I have a DVD player, a DVR, and a Receiver on it. I would try not to put much more than that on this, as it's not rated to hold THAT much weight. When you put it together the glass part is actually held between rubber balls on the plates above and below it. It's good so that you get it very stable without having a chance of it cracking. Something else to mention is that when you are screwing on the glass portion, make sure to screw it in evenly (IE screw a little on the left, then screw a little on the right) or else you may have trouble getting that part together easily. It's just as advertised, and easy on the eyes. Make sure you check the dimensions so that it isn't protruding too much for your liking. - Glass Tv Component Shelf - Home Theater Wall Mount - Audio-video Shelving - Home Theater Component Shelf'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information