Sunday 19 December 2010

Hdv


Looked forward to the book, but found its organization rambling, and its content offering little more than a cataloging of the hd formats. It's endorsement of HDV is troublesome, given the problems of using that codec in post. No mention of 2k or 4k, and scant mention of the nonlinear systems that handle HD. Sadly, it already feels out of date. High Definition Postproduction: Editing and Delivering HD Video

Working in the Television world,and with more and more shoots being done in the mysterious HD format, it can often be confusing, understanding which frame rates to use and knowing what can be cheated in post, etc. I Bought this book and i found it to be one of the best HD books on the market. It has cleared up much of the confusion, misconceptions and has taken the myustery out of HD shooting/editing. I have already recommended it to many of my collegues and it is a huge resource, which can be refered back to again and again. MANY THANKS

This book is great for professional videographers like myself who need to learn more about the basics and intermediate aspects of HD. Its easy to read and follow without being dull or overly simplistic. Some color photos would've been nice. As well as some more specific details and recommendations to maintain image quality and archiving methods for tapeless work-flows. Otherwise well worth reading.

Very informative but not excruciatingly exhaustive. Many of the random questions I had were answered clearly. I found the book also to be very inspiring; being a low budget filmmaker, it make me realize the dream is within reach, and that HD is not too far from my grasp. I was especially encouraged by the information he provided about HDV - being that I use a Canon XH A1.

Sincerely, Awesome book!! To the point, but extremely informative - it provides what you need without all the froth.

I bought this book hoping to get a solid outline of HD post techniques. Unfortunately the book is rambling and poorly organized. The introductory material is simple, repetitive and sometimes just plain wrong. The more advanced material is very cursory, and quite jumbled in its presentation. The author may well be a great video editor, but his command of the technical aspects of video formats and compression seems tenuous.

Mr. Redrocker is certainly entitled to his opinion and I am sorry he didnt like my book. I think he was looking for a different text: 2k and 4k are used for film post production. Also, my text is designed be an overview of HD and the post production field, not be cutting edge. The internet is far more current especially concerning a fast evolving technology like HD. I purposely designed the text to NOT be out of date. The DTV, HD, HDV information, examples and discussions are still valid. My suggestion for 2K and 4K information would be to look at Digital Intermediates for Film and Video or books like it. Steve Browne.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Hdv Hdv Hdv