Sunday 19 December 2010

Dw Stapler


As received the staples wouldn't feed properly. Talked to DeWalt and "They just don't have any problems with this model. Get it replaced." Gotit replaced but meanwhile the original worked better every time it was used.

The rplacemement arrived- a quick check showed the staple feed area to be extremely tight also. I sent the replacement back & kept the original.

I expect the tool will become superior with a little more break-in time - or I may just take a little sandpaper to the bar over which the staples slide. I'm using Bostich 1/2 X 2 staples. These are galvanized - another brand or non-galvanized staples might feed OK. DEWALT D51431 1-Inch to 2-Inch 16-Gauge 1/2-Inch Medium Crown Stapler

I just received my staple gun and I am having a problem with the feed. as another reviewer said I think it will break in and be an exelant gun. I will probably take mine apart and sand the slide so that staples move smoothly through the gun. It seems to only be hanging up near the front, (due to the paint). as for the sequential trigger problem that another reviewer mentioned, my gun came with two different triggers so if you don't like the way it is firing you can change it. All in all I feel it is a good gun for the price. I bought mine from grizzly 99.95 on sale.

This was the deal of a lifetime. great value for a great tool. This was such a good deal I was suspicious at first but I have used the stapler on several houses without a flaw and I couldnt be happier. I even bought one for a friend. You cant go wrong here. It would have been nice if it came with a case but a great value as it is.

First, I like DeWalt equipment, especially my workshop-table saw. But this new nailer I don't like. I only like sequential triggering - here's the problem: The gun will not fire every time you pull the trigger unless you follow a strict sequence- i.e. after firing if you release the trigger before lifting gun off the material it will not fire the next time you pull the trigger. This idiosyncrasy is very frustrating. Thinking this just can't be right, I took gun to DeWalt service center in Little Rock. They said that's the way it is. You must hold trigger down until gun is lifted off the work piece or else the head will not re-extend for next shot. DeWalt help us out here. Other nailers don't have this problem. If you like the bump trigger you won't see this problem.

Bought this stapler while building my house. A real timesaver. Uses comparatively little air so with most compressors, you will limit how fast you can work, not the stapler. Did not have any problems with misfeeding staples or staples not fitting the gun. Occasionally the last staple would jam, but it only happened once or twice (you automatically prevent it by feeding staples before empty).

I would recommend this stapler for both contractors and "do-it-yourselfers".

so far this stapler is an awesome tool for the price, mt carpenter who has a pasload even says he likes it!! you cant go wrong with this gun. i used it to staple down 1/2 inch tec shield on roof and exterior walls

My dewalt staple gun arrive on time and was working with this gun in about 10 minutes. Be sure you have a coupler to install for you to use right away. I had purchase a Hitach and had problems with this stapler but the dewalt works great and easy to use and remove stuck staples in the gun.

When I read the reviews for this product, all three said they had jamming/feeding issues. I figured for the price (compared to a Pasload) and the DeWalt name I'd give it a try anyway. It's proved to be a good preformer. I've put 1 box of staples (10,000) through it and it has preformed flawlesly. There is alot more plastic on this model than a

Pasload but it seems ok. Bottom Line so far so good and I think I made a good decision.

I have used this product on the last couple of jobs that I have done and it is an excellent tool. I have used a Stanley Bostitch older style and newer style many times, and in my opinion the DeWalt is much better. For about $250.00 less. I have not had one jam and that was a reoccurring problem with the Bostitch. It is lightweight and easy to handle. Great Product!'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Dw Stapler Dw Stapler Dw Stapler