Sunday 19 December 2010

Eligible For Super Saver Shipping - extension cord, cord


This summer I gathered up all of my beat up construction extension cords and replaced them with two of these. A vast improvement - this line is easy to see when on the ground, very strong, and easy to wrap up and store. Coleman Cable 02408 14/3 SJTW Vinyl Outdoor Extension Cord, Red, 50-Foot

Bought this for my Black & Decker Mower and Black & Decker grass trimmer that I also got off of Amazon. Both do not include a power cable, so you'll need something like this.



As gauge gets smaller the cable gets bigger. So 16 gauge cable is smaller than 12 gauge. 14 is right in the middle. Bigger cables can take more power (amps). The mower is 6.5 amps and the trimmer is something less than that, so this cable is plenty for either of them (not at the same time.. although it might do that just fine, who knows.. I wouldn't try it).



Easy to tug around, fits snugly in both devices and is bright to see and easy to coil. Couldn't really ask for more.

I bought the Coleman Cable 02409-88-04 100-Foot 14/3 SJTW Vinyl Outdoor Extension Cord, Red for my Homelite UT43100 (14", 9Amp) electric chain saw, even though the manual calls for lower AWG (12/3 or 10/3) when using cord longer than 50' due to loss of power. However, Coleman claims that this cord is sufficient to deliver 13 Amp up to 100', so I gave it a shot and bought it. I cut wood for 30 minutes and didn't notice any underperformance of the chain saw or potential overheating of the cord. I'm very satisfied with this product. For storing the cord I purchased the Bayco K-100 150-Foot Cord Reel.

I purchased this cord in combination with Green Leaf WW-1 Wonder Winder Hand Crank Extension Cord Winder and they went together perfectly.



My only complaint about the Coleman Extension cord is that the tips are a little on the large side. They measure just under 1.5 inches which is only slightly larger than my other extension cords. This extra is just enough to make it difficult to connect some of my electric yard tools.



Otherwise, the cord appears to be of good quality (and much better than I expected from Coleman). It has heavy-duty sheating and thick gauge wire, but is still flexible enough to use and wind. There's no signs of the cord heating up when used with my electric mower like my other off-brand Home Depot special cord (of the same gauge).



The cord itself is a bit on the heavy side, but that's expected for a cord of this gauge.



I only use this product in the fair weather of California so I can't speak of its sub-zero performance. - Cord - Extension Cable - Extension Cord - Eligible For Super Saver Shippin'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information