Monday 27 December 2010

Seidio Droid Case - motorola droid, case


Before I talk about the Seidio case itself, I want to talk about my experience with my search for a case leading up to purchasing the Innocase Surface case.



On the day I bought my new Droid, the Verizon people talked me into adding this "package" deal that included car kit and a Body Glove Hard Snap-On Cover Shell Case for Motorola Droid A855 cover. The guy at the counter even had it on his belt clip and showed it to me - I though it looked good!



I get home, play with the phone a bit and I go to put on the Body Glove case. I would say I was content with it. Although a tad bulky for my taste, protecting the phone is what matters most. However, there is something else that matters to me with this phone, and that is the use of the physical keyboard. The first time I tried to slide the screen part out to use the keyboard, it wouldn't move. I took a look on the side behind the slider part where the case's "latches" (that hold it on) are and I was a little surprised to see that they were so big and bulky that it was blocking the slider from sliding. This is a HUGE flaw on the part of Body Glove and I don't understand how those cases made it out of the factory and through quality control inspection.



When I went back to Verizon to return it, I talked to the same guy who had that case on his Droid. Needless to say, he initially disagreed with me when I told him it didn't fit the phone properly. He even looked at his phone and said "yeah, it catches a bit, but it works just fine after a while of working it in". I said... "um, NO..." and pointed out to him on HIS phone how the case was slightly pushing the slider up and on an angle when he slid the screen out. He just shrugged, didn't ask any more questions and refunded me the $30 or so. I didn't think I needed to explain it any more, but I was not interested in testing the strength of the slider by "forcing" it open over those latches, nor was I interested in a case that would require "working in". No thanks!



I then went on a search for the right case for my new phone, hoping to find one that actually fit properly and protected the phone. I read a lot of forums and discussions on the subject. Many people were actually blaming Motorola for developing a phone that wasn't "case friendly". HA! I kind of thought the same thing for a while..... but then I found some discussions on this new case by Seidio, and every review I read praised it. I didn't read one negative review on the case, which intrigued me more.



After about a week of researching the case, I took the plunge and ordered the Seidio Innocase Surface case, praying it would work out. I usually prefer to see a case in person before I buy. This time I went with a few pics online and a plethora of positive reviews.



I received the case, applied it to the phone and all I could think was... This case is PERFECT!!! I was SO relieved and happy to find one that works the way I wanted/needed. My needs and wants were to have a case that would allow me to slide out the screen with NO added friction, protects the corners,edges and back of the phone and that didn't have a bulky knob for a belt clip or holster.



The surface is hard, yet soft to the touch - almost like the phone back itself. The case doesn't make the phone look bulky, but it does make somewhat of a "square" phone look a bit more rounded contoured. It gives the phone a slim look, which is a 'plus' compared to most phone cases out there. It slides in my pockets just fine without catching or sticking and it doesn't seem too difficult to remove it, if needed.



The case picks up fingerprints a bit, but that doesn't really bother me too much. I just care about the screen being clean and make sure that is also protected. I use an InvisibleShield screen protector, which is the perfect combo with this phone.



After 2 weeks of use, frequent trips to work and on the road, I have use this phone with the case on and have had no issues with the top part popping off or any other mechanical issues, as what many others have complained about with other cases. I will say that I have not (yet) dropped the phone, so I can't say what happens or how the case holds up if dropped. I'm not particularly interested in testing that scenario with this phone. :) But if I were to take a guess, I believe this case will do a great job holding up to the impact and, at the very least, take enough of the blow to save the phone if it's the normal drop from your waist or counter top.



The Seidio case is the only case that I know of that fits the Motorola Droid properly and the only case I would recommend to any Moto Droid users. Not only for the fit, but for the soft-touch feel, ease of access to the physical keyboard and side controls/buttons and also a slim and sleek look overall. I couldn't be happier!



*** Additional information (March 6, 2010) ***



I know many people wonder about the compatibility of their Droid with this Innocase cover and the docking station that Verizon offers. Well, although it has been confirmed that the phone with Seidio case attached will NOT fit into the Verizon (Motorola) dock, Seidio has in fact made their own docking station and you can find it on their site and it's called the Seidio Innodock. (I had a link here, but Amazon would not allow it to be posted.)



This docking station will allow you to dock the phone with OR without the Seidio Innocase cover attached to the phone. I do not yet see this Innodock being offered here on Amazon but I imagine it may be soon. I just recently found it as I was browsing through the Droid forums and I am planning on ordering it ASAP! Seidio Innocase Surface Case for Motorola DROID (Black) - Case - Seidio Droid Case - Droid - Motorola Droid'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


motorola droid Seidio Droid Case - motorola droid, case