Monday 27 December 2010

Kindle 3 Covers - kindle, e-reader


I was worried about getting this but the case is nice, sturdy and well made and what a great price. I did bling it a bit but that's beause it is sturdy enough to do so.

Had bought a jelly for the kindle but now don't need it. Latest 3rd Generation Kindle 3 E-Book Reader Black PU Leather Case / Cover - by Abacus24-7

While I agree with the rest of the commenters that this little case is both economical and looks pretty good, and does its basic job of holding the kindle, I have to comment on something I haven't seen brought up so far - the overpowering chemical scent!

I know real leather has a scent, but this is not *real* leather, and whatever chemical was used on/in it has forced me to leave my kindle out in the open unprotected, while I put the case out to air (that didnt work), and finally I dunked it in some hot soapy woollite water - it was that bad. Im hoping the bath helped, but I took the risk of ruining it because I dont know where this piece was made, or if the chemical scent I was smelling could eventually cause me or my family harm. I'll see whether or not it is usable in the morning. Im a little disappointed because it really does look good.

*****

UPDATE

I did some research and found that this chemical scent is mentioned when reffering to PU 'leather', it is not really leather and it is prohibited to call it so in some countries overseas. It is said that the scent will fade over time. One thing that I wouldve really appreciated with this item is more information on where it was made and with what materials. NO information came with the case, and if it was made in a country that does not care to use material that isnt dangerous - how would I know that? What kind of quality control does Amazon do for the items featured on its site?

I was surprised to see a leather case for under $6 after shipping, and by the picture, it appears that the case holds the Kindle 3 better than cases with four elastic or leather bands in the corners. When the case arrived, I slipped my Kindle in the top and then frowned--what was to keep it from slipping out the top? I turned the case upside down, and the kindle slipped right out. But I fixed this problem by taping a piece of Velcro to the top of the kindle and the inside top of the case. Now the Kindle is secure, but I think a little bit of foresight on behalf of the designers of this case could have avoided this problem--maybe a leather strap. The case closes shut with a magnetic clasp--I'm not sure if I like this as it can open easily, but then again, if it is packed away, it would probably be fine, and then the convenience of opening it and closing it easily is a bonus. So, for $6 and a small piece of velcro, I'm very pleased to have ordered this case and would recommend it to whoever is reading this review--just get yourself some Velcro ahead of time.

The cases that Amazon offered seemed very expensive to me, so I tried to get some alternatives...



When I got to this product I found it quite nice, but I was a bit unsure about its quality. Then, I received it, and I was really satisfied. The Kindle fits perfectly, seems not to move, and the quality looks fine at least for now.



The Kindle definitely needs a case (otherwise, it's very uncomfortable to carry, and it seems really vulnerable), and this is a great option for a great price!

When I ordered this case, I wasn't expecting much. It was far less expensive than the other leather cases available. The reality is that this case fits my Kindle 3 perfectly. I don't need to remove the Kindle from the case to do anything.



It takes a split-second to open and start reading, which was critical for me since much of my reading is in short periods on public transportation.



The leather feels good in my hands, which I didn't expect at this price point. The stitching doesn't look like it was hand-done at great expense, but given the price point, I can't imagine that there is a better case available.

For the price this is a great cover. The kindle fits well, haven't had it slip out at all. The only drawback may be that the back speakers are a little muffled by the case, but I don't really use them, and I figure any cover will do the same. The kindle on it's own was just too hard to hold and lug around the house, I kept changing pages on accident. I use my kindle all the time for boooks, RSS feeds with Calibre and instapaper. Can't fit it in my back pocket any more with the case but that probably wasn't the smartest thing to do in the first place. Again, for the money this thing fits the bill perfectly.

Firstly, I made my son happy with the purchase of the Kindle just for him. He loves to read. I was amazed at how well he was taking care of his new "toy" but I wanted to make sure that he also had an adequate cover. This case is tight fit. However, you're not intending to remove the Kindle from the case and place it back in multiple times. Everything remains accessible and it still keeps the device looking stylish. Excellent value for the money. - Ebook Reader - Kindle - Ebook - E-reader'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Kindle 3 Covers - kindle, e-reader kindle Kindle 3 Covers - kindle, e-reader