Tuesday 7 December 2010

Double Layer - dual layer, tdk


Always bought a competitor's blank media, but took a chance on this product and it's a WINNER. Excellent product at an economical price. Dual (or double) layer DVD recordable media is getting harder to find in the stores - at least a good brand is anyway. Picture and audio clarity are excellent and is just as good, if not, better than the more expensive Dual Layer recordables. Don't waste money on other name brands that give you less quantity for the same price or more. This product was purchased from an outside vendor thru Amazon. Shipping was clean and prompt. Would definitely buy again ! TDK - 50 x DVD+R DL - 8.5 GB 8x - spindle - storage media

I believe it is not fair to write a review destroying a product, claiming that it does not work at all. First, i've been burning cd's and dvd's containing all kind of files for years, and i've used almost every single brand of dvd's and i have to say that just a few brands which are very cheap never worked as i hoped they would. I bought 2 packs of these TDK DL dvds, each one containing 25 discs (product's description says its a single pack with 50 dvd's), and so far i've burned 14 disc without a single problem. I've burned movies, music, and made backups of my work and burned a few games too, and they all worked perfectly. I think some reviewers here should learn how to burn a dvd first, and then they should write a review. Google is out there, you can find whatever you are looking for there. But please, dont say that every single dvd didn't work. I used an ASUS SDRW-08D1S-U dvd writer, and burned the dvds at maximum speed allowed (6x) and depending on the amount of data burned, it took 16 mins to burn 7.6 GB. If you got a low performance pc, try to burn at the lowest speed possible, and dont run any other programs while burning a dvd. Plus, get a good burning software, and don't mess around with the options if you don't know what they are for. I used Nero Express and it did all the work by itself, i just had to drag and burn. And even if it sounds dumb, confirm if your dvd burner supports double layer dvds.



I give this product 5/5 since every single dvd ive burned, works perfectly. Dont blame this product for your lack of knowledge, something that may sound simple like burning a dvd could be very tricky if you dont do it carefully. I will definitely buy more once i finish with these ones.

I burn a lot of DVD+R's, and I used to be a loyal fan of TDK. But here in the last couple of years, TDK must have changed something in their DVD's, and I cannot burn any successful DVD's. The problem first started with their CD's. I could not burn a copy of my own CD's to keep in the truck so that my originals don't get damaged or scratched. Now the problem has moved over to their DL DVD+R's. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER TDK EVER AGAIN! I would suggest going with the Verbatim DL DVD's. They are still very good. It's too bad amazon doesn't offer their brand of DL DVD's anymore, because I always had good luck with those as well. If you buy TDK's, you are just throwing your money away! Run away from TDK as fast as you can! TDK doesn't even deserve the one star, but amazon's rating system doesn't allow zero stars!

I have tried 5 types of dvd+r dl and so far these are the best. I have not tried the verbatims because of their price but I bet these are as good. No coaster and no loading errors. These are good disc.

I'm working through my second spindle of this media and I've not had a single failure. Perhaps those who are reporting failures should take note: I always make sure I'm not running any additional software while I burn to media. This is the only media in DL that I purchase.

I've only been using Double layer media for a short period of time and from my experience, I can tell you that you have to have a good double layer burner and really quality double layer media and TDK have been the best thus far. I've tried various combinations and I must say Asus burners (multiple different models I've tried), Light-on, Sony NEC optirc (AD-7170A), and this piece of junk Light Scribe, are not very reliable. Plextor (don't know the model number) is alright, but slow. However, the HP DVD1270i with the TDK have been a great combination. I rarely get coasters! There are some TDK DL in the bunch that are not the best but compared to the results I was getting with the Memorex brand, I'll take the few I get from the 50 spindle. Memorex DL media absolutely are junk-DO NOT BUY THEM!! You will hate yourself for trying.

So bought my first batch of these TDK DLs since for some reason the Memorex weren't available for Prime. Used to the occasional bad batch spitting out 2 or 3, but have enjoyed about 4 months with no errors from Memorex. First disc off this TDK batch, write error. Got about a third of the way down and suddenly they all give write errors. Got a growing stack of coasters, so at least the furniture will benefit.



Each one fails at 50% burn, ie. right at the switch to the second layer, where it then spits out an illegal disc error. So if you like your double layer discs coming out as single layer with only have the material loaded and unfinished, then these are your media. Otherwise, avoid like the cheap Chinese crap they appear to be. - Dvd Dl - Dvd Dual Layer - Tdk - Dual Layer'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information