Tuesday 7 December 2010

Car Adapter - lands end


This product is fantastic, the charger fits into even the most shallow cigarette lighters (like my vw) and runs everything. On mine I run cellphone, gps, radar without any problems, and could also charge my ipod with the extra usb. The cable isn't long enough to annoy you or short enough to stay in the way while you drive, I would definitely recommend this over anything else on amazon for a multi-port charger. USB and 3 Port Triple Socket Car Charger for PDA , GPS 12V

The only issues I have are its got a blue light that illuminates the whole body of it that you cant shut off. Kewl if thats the look your going for. The other is it has not mounting feature (pre-drilled holes or brackets). So, it really would just have to site on the floor I guess unless you glue it to something.

When I ordered this car charger I was very excited to have it for a family vacation. Well when i got it, it was totally the wrong thing. I got a phone case instead of the charger and was left with nothing to take on the car ride to another state. Make sure to check what you buy when you buy from here.

This device worked great right out of the box. The plugs stayed in place and didn't pop out like in other splitters I tried. The USB port also worked well. However, after approximately 3 weeks of intermittent use, the wire broke where it exits the main body of the splitter. It is a shame. It worked great up until this point.

Perfect device, has three outputs for car ports and even a USB charger. Has worked so far for 2 months, powers radar detector, GPS, and occasionally charges USB devices. Has a little blue LED, mine really doesn't show much so it's really not a problem or rough on the eyes. Definitely worth the price for what it does.

I'm not sure how many stars to give. It stopped working within minutes of my first use, but that may because I overloaded it. Nowhere does it say how much amperage you can run through the thing (other than on the USB port -- it says "500mA"). I have a feeling it would probably work fine for low amperage devices like GPS's and Cellphone chargers. What I plugged into it was a cigarette-lighter-run portable electric cooler, which draws 1.5 amps. About a minute after plugging it in, I started to smell a burning electrical smell, so unplugged it, and noticed that the plug was extremely hot. I checked the fuse, and that didn't seem to be burned out.

This product arrived on time and undamaged. It is very lightweight. There is a soft blue light that emits from inside of the unit when the power is being supplied to it. It functions as it should. I use my own plugs to cover the ports when they are not being used to keep out debris. It would have been nice if thes plugs/covers were part of the unit and were attached. The unit is inexpensive, but the shipping was high. - Lands End'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Car Adapter - lands end lands end Car Adapter - lands end