Friday 26 November 2010

Vga To Hdmi


Given the product's title: VGA to Component Video, you would expect to be able to take this cable and connect the VGA plug on your computer to the Component inputs on your TV.



Well that does not work at all. Some reviewers have stated that the cable works for other purposes. If so, great.



However I ordered this cable based on the title, and it did not work at all for that purpose.



It almost feels like fraud to state "Component Video" in the title, when in fact this cable is not outputting component video. VGA to RCA Component RGB Cable - 1.8M - M/M

To connect a VGA computer jack to a component HDTV input you need a converter. I have a 2005 Toshiba Laptop with a S output and a VGA. It works OK with the S cable, but no one on any website has stated that JUST a cable will work connecting to a HDTV, only a projector. The link below is to a company that sells vga to component converter boxes.



[...]

This cable is RGB not component video. The reviewer that stated the pigtails were not shielded was mistaken, they are. If you are trying to connect AV equipment to a computer monitor this is not the cable. If you have a home theater computer with separate Red Green and Blue outputs and your monitor has a VGA input this is the cable you need.

I purchased this cable to go from my HDTV cable box component outputs to the VGA input on my ViewSonic projector. It works perfectly and is a definite improvement over the S-Video cable I was using. Shipping was fast and the cable is well made & sturdy. I would definitely buy from this company again!

I bought this cable to connect my DVD player(s)component video output to my Samsung P400 DLP LED projector's VGA input.

Samsung P400 DLP Lumen Pocket Ultraportable Projector (1.9 Pounds)

It works great!

I purchased the cable in order to connect my Samsung Blu-ray player to my Isignia projector. My project does not have an hdmi input and my blu-ray player does not have a video-s output. Therefore, the only way I could connect the player to the projector and get a clearer picture was to use the RGB outputs on the player and the VGA input on the project. It worked flawlessly!

This item works great for the purposes intended.

Other reviewers have stated that it did not work with their MAC or PC... hello, does anyone read the description:



Note: This cable is NOT designed to work in anyway with a computer's input or output.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information