Friday 26 November 2010

Samsung Laser Printer - monochrome, samsung


I have to say this is the best choice I could find at this price. The only weakness is that the original toner runs out too quickly (Less than 200 pages).



06-Nov-2010 Update:

I have found out a way to disable the printing counter of the toner, see my comment for more details.



11-Nov-2010 Update:

Based on my knowledge, following printers' toner (Don't take this word the wrong way, I mean black powdered carbon) are compatible, although I can't 100% guarantee that every OEM toner of following series is compatible with MLT-D104, because there are tons of OEM factories on the market. You can buy the cheapest toner which is listed below to refill your MLT-D104 Toner.



ML-1640K ML-1641K ML-1642K ML-2240K ML-2241K ML-2242 ML-1666



Here is a video which shows how to refill the toner:

[...] Samsung Monochrome Laser Printer (ML-1665)

My son spilled root beer into my venerable HP LaserJet 4L and ruined it. That printer was a workhorse, but it was slow.



The Samsung is working just as hard, but at speeds reasonably close to those advertised. Its niggles are that it uses a paper loading flap rather than a tray, and that the output tray is pretty flimsy.



For $50, I have no complaints. That's about what I was paying for ink cartridges for my Canon, and it burned through ink like a teenaged driver through gas.

Our previous Samsung laser printer finally died after 8+ years of service. So, I found this Samsung model for a rock-bottom price and hope that it lasts as long as our first one. It is a great printer that was so easy to set up and get printing. The print speed is amazing for such a small printer. I chose the free shipping option with my purchase, but still received the item in less than a week (over a week ahead of schedule). I highly recommend this printer for everyday home use.

You can't really complain when you spend $50 for a printer. But you can if you're a New Yorker and the printer breaks in 2 weeks. The paper feed no longer feeds paper into the printer. I have tried a number of fixes and nothing works. Just be prepared to get a bum one at $50.

This printer is incredibly inexpensive compared to other models in its class (likely, because Samsung wants you to buy re-filler cartridges, which is fine with me). The printer has a low profile and really does fit easily on any desk. Esthetically is looks fantastic, better than I had anticipated and prints quickly. I work out of my home and was using a canon ink jet printer that was not designed for high printing yields and was costing me a small fortunate in replacement cartridges, this printer has been a great solution.



When I bought this printer I was looking for something cheap and small, it captured both of those requirements, but after owning the printer, I would recommend to anyone looking for a new laser printer for home or office use regardless of budget.



My only complaint: There was no printer cord included and I couldn't find this referenced when I was ordering, I only remember, because I debating buying one on Amazon. Does it seem weird to anyone else that a printer cord isn't included with a printer? Seems like that would be like getting an external hard drive without a USB cord, or iPhone without a cord to plug into your PC or Mac.

Purchased this printer based on other reviews, good price and brand name. This printer is unresponsive after printing less than 10 pages and 7 days of use. Error light illuminates and the remedy in the manual is "contact service representative". Tried printer on 2 different computers. Reset power several times. All other suggestions in manual were followed. Samsung customer support for this is non-existent. Really disappointed with this purchase....

This printer is unbelievably awesome. I'm used to those massive, heavy laser printers. But this little bugger is like a miniature looking microwave with very little wasted space. The little panels fold out and you can close them up if you want.



This is the best purchase I've made this year on electronics. The price is so good and it's laser, so you won't waste your money on ink-catridges every month. It looks like a little black box, it's pretty cool looking, and simple with two buttons, I only use the power button though.



Hold the power button to turn it off, or click it to turn it on. It's so easy. Plug and play in Windows 7, I didn't need the driver CD.



It does NOT come with the USB cord. So you need a USB Cord with the standard rectangle shape, and then the square shape on the end (They are different ends).

If your looking for a working laser printer that prints nice clean pages and don't want to pay a lot this printer is good. The only thing about it is that a new toner cost more than the printer itself, and because its not a very popular printer there aren't any off brands for cheaper that work for this printer. - Inexpensive - Samsung Laser Printer - Monochrome - Samsung'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


samsung Samsung Laser Printer - monochrome, samsung