Saturday 27 November 2010

Surround Sound - banana plugs, home theatre


Works as specified.



However we later just bypassed these connectors and just put banana plugs directly on the wires coming from the remote speakers. Then we just plugged directly into the receiver. That saved a set of interconnections that this device would have unnecessarily added. Datacomm 45-0060 5.1 Surround Sound 2-Gang Plate (White)

I've had this plate for about a month and have had no functional issues with it. Sound is great, no different than my old direct connection out of the wall.



I needed more extension from my in-wall wiring so I got this, some 12 gauge, and 20 banana plugs. Connecting it was fairly easy, but the way the labels were grouped was different so that took some attention. Overall, very clear sound and if you can get them the banana plugs are definitely the way to go. It's tight behind my system so using raw wire would be such a pain.



I use a Denon avr1910 with 5.1 mirage nanosat speakers. Pretty immersive sound. Only thing is that the force of plugging banana plugs can possibly pull the plate off the wall or crack it mostly due to how deep my wiring box is in the wall. May need to mix and match to get the plate screwed in properly.



Great value, definitely seems to perform as good as any $50 plate.

First of all, this plate works. My system sounds great and this does the job of organizing things and hiding some wire clutter. However, I'm not sure if my builder installed a funny size box or if this is the culprit. Either way, I was only able to mount this to my existing box with one screw. The other screw is secured to the drywall which is not ideal. Also, it is white, so if you're hoping for an ivory or almond plate you're out of luck with this. For the price it's a nice product.

The item was not as described. It states that it has one RCA to F jack for sub woofer. This has a RCA to RCA and would not be able to use coaxial cable for in wall installation. I had to order the correct coupler from another web site increasing my over all price. I recommend looking elsewhere. - Home Theatre - Banana Plugs - Wall Plate - 5 Speakers'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information