Saturday 27 November 2010

Dock


I purchased this from [...] (which is Amzer/Moffet's retailer site) for my Motorola Android and it does NOT fit the Droid. It covers up the hole for the headphone output and you can't slide the keyboard out. You really have to struggle to get the phone to fit in this holder. The fins for the air vents do NOT hold - they keep slipping out of the vent. Stay AWAY from Amzer products!!! They are cheaply made!! Amzer Swiveling Air Vent Car Mount for Motorola Droid A855 (Black)

Made of really cheap plastic, and the holder covers the headphone jack so I can't use the audio input jack on my car stereo to listen to pandora or slacker. I'm just going to throw it in the trash unless one of you want it.

bought it because it looked like you could use with the

body glove cover on. wrong! also you can't use the plug in earphone

because of the piece that holds phone on mount.

after a little modification with a dremel able to plug in

earphone and keep in place with bottom half of body glove

case removed.

not worth it...

I'm not thrilled about it blocking the air vent, but I didn't want to stick something to the dash. It does block the headphone jack, but I don't have an auxiliary audio-in on my car stereo. And you can't slide the keyboard out, but I don't use that while driving (or much at all).

The Amzer Swiveling Air Vent Car Mount was exactly what I was looking for. The car mount fit perfectly into the air vent and totally out of the way of any dash controls. The plastic is strong and durable. The swivel is awesome but a little loose. The top and side clips secures my phone perfectly and there are no vibration noise between the mount and phone. Just a side note for everyone (including myself) using a protective case. You will need to remove it before you can clip your Moto Droid to the mount. Minor inconvenience but I still love my car mount.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Dock Dock Dock