Sunday 21 November 2010

George Foreman - grill, easy clean up


I just got my George Foreman 360 and I was very surprised that the chicken breast were cooked through in so short amount of time. I kept cutting off pieces to make sure there was no pink uncooked meat b/c I couldn't believe how fast they were done. This is my first GF Grill and I can't wait to try more recipes.



FYI: Read the manual though. Even though the cookbook says to use cooking spray, the manual states "aerosol cooking spray should not be used on the non stick surface because the chemicals that allow the spray to come out of the can build up on the surface of the grill plates and reduce their efficiency" Instead it says to light oil the cooking plates.

I too was so excited to get this grill and cook up something for dinner the day I got it. Unfortunately, there is a paper plate sized sticker affixed right to the top of this unit that clearly states to remove before use. The sticker did not come off easily at all. Just as you start taking it off it rips so you move to another section and start peeling and it rips again leaving sticky gooey glue behind that is very difficult to remove. After two hours, and using several different things to lift the stickiness we were finally able to use the grill. We made quesadillas and they were awsome! I can't wait to make pizza and to grill up some steaks. All around the grill itself is fabulous, but the person who decided to slap that huge sticker on there should be forced to remove every one from these grills themselves.

It is worth every penny! I wanted the latest from George because I know that it knocks out the fat and thought I would give this 360 Grill a shot. Now i'm cooking so much more right in the grill...I dont even take it off the counter. Its like a one stop shop. I didnt notice the adjustable angle at first, but once i looked at the manual i thought what a clever feature...it flattens out so that you can griddle or make pizza on the grill (I have not made a pizza yet, but cant wait to get creative!)

I COOKED A WHOLE FROZEN PIZZA FASTER THAN I COULD IN A TOASTER OVEN. I MADE PERFECT QUESIDILLA POCKETS CRISPY ON THE OUTSIDE AND GOOEY ON INSIDE. AND TODAY I MADE BURGERS AND WATCH THE YUCKY FAT DRAIN OFF. I LOVE THIS THING! P.S. MY STICKER CAME OFF JUST FINE!

I am pleased w/ the grill that I purchased. It does a great job grilling meat and vegetables, paninis, sandwiches and baking pizza. It is really easy to exchange the plates and it is very easy for cleaning. I am very impressed with the non stick plates, it works really well with grilled cheese. The inclination angle feature is very helpful to get the fat out.

Two things I did not like which avoided it to receive 5 stars from me:



1- There is a very large sticker attached to the entire top of the unit w/ a very strong adhesive. I spent hours trying to remove the sticker and then the adhesive from my new grill and I had to scratch it with the plastic fork and windex. I was very disappointed with this unecessary and unresponsible ad. After 3 weeks is gone.



2- The grill cannot be in a 180 degress position like the Cusinart in order to grill with/ the top opened.



Overall is a good product and I am very happy w/ the following features:

1- Faster to heat and cook;

2- Easy to exchange and cleaning plates;

3- Inclination tool to help on the fat flow;

4- Non stick at all plates

5- Design

Great product. Best one I have used yet. The sticker is an issue after reviewing the other reviews. Here is the trick. Heat the sticker with a hair dryer first, catch an edge of the sticker with your finger nail and pull slowly. When heated just right the sticker simply pulls free. If it doesn't, heat the area your pulling on until you feel it release and continue until you remove the entire sticker with no residue left behind. I heated the entire sticker first then grabbed the edge, and continued to heat the sticker from where I was pulling first. Sticker came off easily in one pull. The one thing I was disappointed in was the product packaging. The shipping box was perfect but the packaged box had evidently been wet and had come apart. I can't believe that they would ship what was said to be new to arrive in this kind of condition. This was a gift to a family member and kinda of embarrassing to explain. The product however is fine and would highly recommend it. - Easy Clean Up - Indoor Grill - George Foreman - Grill'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information