Sunday 21 November 2010

Fitness - ankle weights, ankle


I bought this with the hope that I could just wear them around my ankles as I went about my day to give my legs a slight workout. That proved to be impossible because these things are huge. The woman in the photo must not have any weight in the pouches, because fully-loaded, these things have roughly the same diameter as a volleyball (while worn).



Regardless, being able to choose how much weight you want is really nice. The only downside is that if you don't have thick ankles (or wrists), they can be a little loose. I wish I could wear them tightly so they don't slop around. My ankles are a little bruised from all the movement, which means I can only wear them every other day while my ankles heal from the previous day's abuse.



Having said that, someone bigger than me would appreciate that these have two velcro straps that make for a very secure fit, and they even out the pressure on your leg/arm. The velcro is also VERY strong, so I'm never worried about them falling off or loosening up while I'm working out.



My experience is that these are great for doing a basic workout routine, but not for running because they're a little too loose on me. Amber Sports 20-Pound Wrist and Ankle Weight

I dont know how the women in the product picture is managing to keep the thing on, but my wrists are at least as thick as hers and this product will slide around at any sort of rigorous movement. Maybe it's good for slow movements of your arms. As ankle weights they are ok and stay in place. But they are so bulky it would be dangerous to run with them on as each ankle weight will contact the other on a normal stride, probably resulting in tripping and falling. I basically use them on my ankles as "passive exercising". Just do your daily routine, walking up stairs or whatever while wearing them. 10 lbs on each leg will strengthen your legs even just doing house hold work.

The weight bars were too bulky and they wouldn't stay put on my arms while working out. They kept sliding up almost to my elbow. I wanted these to have weight resistance for my arms without stressing my wrists -oh well, no luck. Returned. Customer Service 5* - Ankle Weights - Exercise - Adjustable Ankle Weights - Ankle'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Fitness - ankle weights, ankle ankle weights Fitness - ankle weights, ankle