Thursday 16 September 2010

Dual Car Adapter - car accessories, useful


I received the item very quickly as promised, no worries there. used the device for 1 week and 1 of the 2 sides stopped working. I did receive an email from the seller after advising my situation, I was impressed by the fast response. this may or may not have been a factory defect. Bottom line, is the unit broke, for whatever reason. Two-Way 12V DC Car Charger Cigar Cigarette Lighter Double Power Adapter Socket Splitter, Black / DUAL SPLITTER / UNIVERSAL for suitable for cell phone, GPS, iPod, and PDA (ALL Cell Phone Models such as Apple iPhone , Acer, Asus, Audiovox, Blackberry, Casi

This dual charger is OK for the low amp charging jobs like GPS, Bluetooth and Cellphone auto charging. However, give it a bigger job like an 8 amp draw mini moto air pump (for pumping air into the tires) and it blew this 12 Volt Two Way DC Car Charger into a smelly mess (along with my cig lighter fuse). FYI-The Scosche 12 volt twin adapter is the same as this one.

I got this product to charge my phone, use an FM transmitter and use a GPS system in any order. I have not had any problems of the unit overloading like the other reviewers have described. I would just use caution before plugging in anything that draws a lot of power. One thing you need to consider is that it may need to be positioned vertically as in my car it blocks the stick shift. But not a big deal. Overall a good deal and get the job done.

i like this device. I like the slow charge capability. and it does indeed reduce the output if 2 items are being charged. That said, the idea is fantastic. My problem is that the device keeps popping out of the cigarette outlet. All of a sudden I notice that my Garmin is on battery or my bluetooth is not charging, etc. Wish it were more solid into the charge slot.

A simple and easy to use 12 Volt splitter. Used it to power my GPS/FM Transmitter or GPS/recharge my phone/PSP and it works perfectly.



Other customers complained that their splitters went bust while using trying to use it with electric pumps, and this is why I bough a couple of them at once, but I think with my phone/GPS/mp3 player/PSP I'm safe. If I'll need to recharge my laptop I'll pb just plug it straight in the trunk as there's a 12V outlet.



Build quality could be a little better, but considering the price, it's ok.

ok so i don't know why they even make this thing. i deliver pizzas and was using it so i can keep my gps plugged in as well as my car topper sign. within 2 minutes the whole device started smoking, burning itself and the fuse with it. i read reviews that it doesn't work with high powered the like an air pump but common... a gps and a few lights to light up a pizzahut sign... don't buy this.

This product does what it says it does. I use it to play my fm transmitter and charge my GPS at the same time. It does both easily. No problems. Only thing that surprised me about the product was the size. This device probably sticks out 2 inches from the lighter and then the items plugged into it also extend two inches each. I have a Grand AM and so my lighter is right in front of my emergency break. Everything plugged in barely fits in the space, and only with quite a bit of finagling. Just keep the size in mind when you purchase the item. - Cheap - Car Accessories - Car Adapter - Useful'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Dual Car Adapter - car accessories, useful cheap Dual Car Adapter - car accessories, useful