Wednesday 25 August 2010

Portable Pouches - holsters, pencil holder


I use a utility knife and various marking devices while working. I don't often say this, but I think this tool holder is perfect for my needs. Four pockets and a metal tape measure holder. Not mentioned in the description is a small, yet strong, loop which is stitched to one of the pockets. I have a small carabiner attached to this for anything else I may need to carry (keys etc). This product is extremely well made. Heavy stitching at all stress points and nothing about it that can't be considered durable. I can carry the utility knife, two marking devices, tape measure, multi-purpose Leatherman tool and keys with this holder. It's a little over 9" long and attaches to your belt via a belt loop. A strong product which I have come to appreciate. I think it works better after it relaxes a little with use. I would have paid twice the price for the service it has given.

____________________



Well, it's been over two months since I purchased this tool holder. My most recent project has been adding railings and balusters to an existing 16 X 22' deck. Eight 4 X 4s lagged on to the inside ledger board also. I hired a local teenager for a day to help set the 4 X 4s plumb and level. All this required much measuring, marking and maneuvering both on top, and under the deck. This tool holder proved indispensable on this job. It allowed me to carry the pencil, tape measure and ratchet wrench even while lying on the ground under the low deck platform. I ordered - and have since given - another of these tool holders to my young helper. He's as pleased as I am with the performance of this DeWalt product. I didn't think I could be any happier with the holder, after the initial post, but I am. DEWALT DG5173 Heavy-duty Tool Holder

I've bought several small tool holders over the years and this is definitely the best I've found. It holds my tape measure, utility knife, steel ruler, small screwdriver and several marking instruments. It is made of high quality materials and reasonably priced. Thanks Dewalt!

I do flooring for a living, and this tool holder STAYS on my belt. It holds everything I need on a consistent basis. I've owned and worn it for roughly two months, and it's held up wonderfully! I keep my tape measure, a couple pencils, a utility knife, and a pair of nail pullers in it at all times. It's just the right size to hold what I need and wouldn't take anything for it! Highly recommended.

I work as an at&t technician, and wanted a holder to keep my standard tools handy at all times. I decided to give it a try after reading the positive feedback, and havent been disappointed. So much so, ive purchased several extra units for my coworkers (9 bucks? i'll take three!), and THEY are spreading the word to others as well. Its extremely sturdy, quality stitching, and even looks good. As for the tool rundown, i carry in it: flat-head, philips-head, needle-nose and can-wrench in the main pouch; snips on the right; punch-down and the NID security tool in the middle; a pen and small zip-ties on the left. That's nine different items at the ready, without considerably weighing me down, and preventing me from digging through a tool bag. AND, you can also clip on a tape-measure on the front, or pepper spray, as i more often do (Make that TEN items!) BOTTOM LINE: An awesome tool holder and worth at least twice as much.

I purchased this DeWalt tool holder really to just use it as a tape measure holder. It does a great job. Holds the tape secure and makes it easy to move around without worrying about the tape coming off.



The only Con I can see is that it does not have a belt clip option. You must use a belt with it but that is no big deal.



Very heavy duty tool and it does what it should.

Believe me when I say, I searched the internet stores thoroughly before buying this item. I even went to Home Depot and Lowes, but I just couldn't find the perfect pouch (theirs were too big). I needed a small pouch to put my main electrician tools in (pliers, voltage tester, and screwdriver). This DeWalt pouch is perfect for what I need it for. I can do most of my work without digging through my other tools. The material its made of feels like it will last a lifetime. For eight dollars, this pouch is the best of its kind.

I needed something to clip my tape measure on to that would save the wear and tear that it was having on my pocket or belt. The metal clip seemed like a better idea then some of the cheaper plastic ones. And though I was not looking for it to hold other tools, it seemed useful.



Well I am very happy to have spent the big bucks on this. I have it loaded with pencil, marker, tape measure and usually a Phillips screw driver. It slips on easy enough that I take it off when done for the day or just for lunch. And no more searching for a pencil or my tape. Very comfortable position. Even works with my jacket on, though the pencil is harder to reach.



I may just have to get the drill holder next.

This tool holder is perfect for most of my needs around the house. I keep it loaded with a tape measure, tin snips, a pencil, utility knife, safety glasses, and a small flashlight. The only thing I would like to see would be a belt clip added so that I don't have to thread it through my belt in order to wear it. I wish I had this thing years ago; instead, I would wear a big old honkin' tool belt to lug around six items since I hate stuffing my pockets. Maybe I can find a belt clip to sew onto it. Five stars for this product and I am very happy with it.

I found this product to be terrific for my daily use around the shop. If I could make any minor adjustments, it would be to open up the smaller pockets a hair or make them more shallow...I cannot put any drill bits in there as they are all too short to be reached and I cannot access them. Otherwise it holds my tape perfectly, the whole reason behind me getting it, a utility knife, pencil, and one self centering drill bit (which does fit into one of the skinnier pockets. The other loose drill bits do not sit well in the holster. Overall construction of the holster seems pretty decent in quality, as I have only been using it for a couple days it is hard to speak of long term durability but so far so good. Highly recommend this product - Belt Clips - Holsters - Pencil Holder - Tool Pouch'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Portable Pouches - holsters, pencil holder pencil holder Portable Pouches - holsters, pencil holder