Wednesday 7 July 2010

Instruments - digital recorder, good value


Lets see, the recorder works perfect! Good sound and quality... BUT has one mayor issue, you can't connect to the PC trough a USB port. The only way is with a Mini Stereo Jack, and here comes the problem, since the only way to passed your recording to the PC, are on real time, I mean, after you connect the recorder, you must press the "play button" and start to record all the files on to your computer, So if you record 50 hours, 50 hours will take you passed the file to your PC. Not such a good and fast way. Other than that, the voice recorder work perfect.



If you are plaining on buy it, please take this in consideration.! Sony ICD-BX700 Digital Voice Recorder with Stereo Microphone Jack

The Sony ICD-bx700 is the same exact recorder as the ICD-px720 EXCEPT it does not have a usb port for fast/easy transfers of files to a computer AND it's silver instead of black. Cost difference between the two is about $10-$20 so once you decide whether you need a usb port or not the decision is a no brainer. Both Recorders have SHQ + HQ mode which allow recordings in stereo BUT only if you're using an external stereo mic like Sony's ecm-ds70p which I do use with them and recomend. Sound quality on these recorders is excellent in SHQ or HQ modes and HQ mode on them compared to HQ mode on Sony's cheaper/older icd-b300/b400/b600 models is MUCH MUCH better with no unwanted hiss like on those lower models. The built-in mics are quite sensitive and do a much better job then the Olympus VN-5000 which isn't a bad recorder either. I do have Sony's external stereo mic (ecm-ds70p) that I mentioned and not only does it allow fairly great Stereo recordings for a budget price but quite noticeably improves sound sensitivity + overall SQ.

The external mic is certainly not a necessity though since these recorders do have sensitive + good quality built-in mics but it will allow stereo recordigs + improve SQ and take an already excellent recorder to another level.



In short decide whether you need a usb port or not and get the corresponding model ICD-bx700 or ICD-px720 because except for that they are the same exact thing and for the money can't be beat. Very good quality and very satisfied with both of them!

Though I haven't used this as maybe it was intended as a voice recorder, this little guy has done me well since I bought it. For me, its best use i to practice brass instruments into it and get instant feedback. Granted, it's not the best sound I would come to expect, but I realize I'm not playing into a $1,000 mic either. With the mic sensitivity on low, I get excellent results playing directly at the unit - the levels work well considering.



The only thing I wish it could do was playback or USB transfer to a computer. The model above this wouldn't have helped me either as it appears to be PC only.



Overall, nice little piece of equipment. I take it with me in my horn case all the time!

The recorder has a nice sensibility without causing noise. Works for all my needs and is easy to carry and operate. I bought it to replace my old tape recorder and I have plenty of features and time to record in 5 different folders. The battery life is very good and I'm very satisfied for the price and functionality.

I have owned many of these DVRs from Sony. I always got the one that could be used to download voice files to the PC via USB cable. However in the past 2 years I have fried 3 of them in connecting via USB. I've called Sony and complained etc. Always out of the warranty period - last time 20 days out of it! So this time i bought this one without the connection so i wouldn't pay the extra $20. (I use it for lectures, speech practising, and note taking so I don't need to save the recordings long term although i do miss the PC software - very nice.) So here are the improvements:

1) it has a very large capacity (double my previous one). it takes a long time to fill it up with recordings.

2) it saves the date when the battery dies! a constant annoyance before to enter the date and time.

3) the battery lasts a lot longer time!

4) it turns "off" automatically - perhaps why the battery last so much longer. Use the hold button too just in case in gets bumped.



So although it looks like previous generations - this is much better product. Pay the extra $20 for version with SW if you need to save the recordings - just make sure you don't have anything else on USB ports. That was the last piece of advice i got.

Bought this recorder to replace an old TAPE recorder to use in my work (commercial surveys). It was MUCH better than I had hoped and the price was excellent. Recorder arrived on time and in secure packaging. Sound quality is very good and it is easy to return to the beginning of the previous session. Instructions were mostly very straightforward. I am very pleased.

This is a good recorder. Really easy to use and has very good quality recording and sound. Batteries are lasting pretty well, I only have one bar left on the battery meter and I have been using it quite often for two weeks now. I also got it for a good price on amazon, six dollars cheaper than Wal-Mart and I got free shipping because it was over $25. - Digital Voice Recorders - Voice Recorder - Good Value - Digital Recorder'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Instruments - digital recorder, good value good value Instruments - digital recorder, good value