Wednesday 7 July 2010

Ice Cube Tray - ice, ice cube trays


These are the best Ice trays I have ever used. They are made of a little softer plastic so they twist very easily and the ice pops right out. The trays do not get brittle and I do not think that they will crack like others I have had. The ice cubes are smaller but the tray is longer so that the ice is made fairly quickly. To my surprise they are made in the U.S. so I don't have to worry about any funky chemicals that the Chinese are using in their plastics. I know they are just Ice trays but they really make life a little easer. Rubbermaid White Ice Cube Tray (Pack of 6)

I thought that I wanted some vintage style ice cube trays with the lever. The trail somehow led to these strictly utilitarian trays and I was intrigued by all the positive reviews. People LOVE these trays and now, so do I! Here's why: You can stack them high on the shelf on the door and they DON'T DRIP all over the floor!

I used to try to make ice cubes right before bed so the door would stay closed long enough for the cubes to freeze or risk getting water all over the floor (and my foot). Now I can make ice (and lots of it) any time of day. They also release the ice well. This is a really well designed product.

I bought these items recently and so far they are amazing. A simple twist of the wrist completely empties the ice tray. The effort is so little that there is no comparision with others I have used(including those supplied by Rubbermaid). I wish I had known about these when I bought the blue ones.

I purchased these Ice Cube Trays to use with homemade baby food. I make a large batch, freeze in ice cube trays and transfer to freezer bags. These trays ARE BPA free, I visited Rubbermaid's website to find out. Each cube holds about 1 Tablespoon of food/liquid. Ice pops out of these trays very easily, but baby food takes a little work as it does not really freeze completely solid. I just twist the tray and then slip a table knife gently down the side of each cube and the food pops out. I don't think that there is an ice cube tray that doesn't require a little extra work to get baby food out, even the silicone trays designed for baby food take a little finagling. The trays stack well and can go through the top rack of the dishwasher, so that makes life easy. I am very pleased with these trays overall, and gave 5 stars as I am using the trays for a job other than their designated purpose.

My previous ice cube trays were a nightmare. The ice would not willingly come out - I had to bend and twist the stupid thing into a pretzel and only one cube would break in half and the bottom portion remained. I ran water over the bottom of the tray and still only one or two would begrudgingly fall out.



Not these trays! Apply water, freeze, twist, ice cubes! With the first minor contortion of the tray all the cubes very happily pop up, ready and willing to be placed into your beverage. You may not think that this is a big deal, but when you go from spending 5 minutes cursing and fighting to get two cubes of ice, to a bounty of ice magically springing forth, it makes a big difference in your drinking experience!

These are by far the best ice cube trays I have used. If you are like me and do not like dealing with ice trays to begin with and are easily fustrated when the crack or the ice does not come out easily, then these are your item. Yes they are not the cheapest, but they work very well and will last. - Kitchen Utensils - Kitchen Gadgets - Ice Cube Trays - Ice'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Ice Cube Tray - ice, ice cube trays kitchen utensils Ice Cube Tray - ice, ice cube trays