Saturday 24 July 2010

Delicious Drinks - smoothies, for purchase


This book is great for someone like me who loves smoothies but hates calories. The recipes are divided into those that are low cal (below 350) and others that are ultra low cal (below 250). I even found some that are down in the 160's. I have a previous smoothie book by the same author that is very good, but I was attracted to this book by an article about it in Shape Magazine, and I haven't been disappointed. The recipes are tasty and I feel like I'm doing something good for myself. Highly recommended! Slim Smoothies: Over 130 Healthy and Energizing Recipes Without All the Calories

I reviewed a lot of smoothie recipe books before purchasing this one, based on its reviews. It has an amazing number of delicious recipes that don't require a lot of extravagant or hard-to-find ingredients, and that's important. If you can't find the ingredients in a recipe or they become too costly, you likely will not get much use out of a recipe, but that's not the case here.



There's a wonderful variety of recipes that are highly nutritious and they sound absolutely delicious too.



I recommend this book to anyone as a great introduction to smoothie making.

I loved this book. I've been wanting to make smoothies at home for a long time, and when I got this book, I felt like I hit a treasure trove. There are plenty of recipes to keep you from getting bored with the same old smoothies, and the recipes themselves are simple and not overly ingredient-intensive. They're also very very easy to double or even triple the recipe for a party.



All of the recipes call for an optional teaspoon or so of honey, but I've found that when I make these smoothies, the fruit is already sweet enough, so I'm able to leave the honey out, and the smoothies still taste fabulous!

The recipes are easy, require ingredients easy to find in your supermarket and the additional information provided is interesting. Most importantly, the Smoothies are tasty. On a minor note - I found the "cutsie" names and descriptions unwitty and distracting.

The recipes are great! Simple ingredients, easy instructions. However, don't let it fool you.. on several of the mango recipe smoothies the protein values are stated over 90grams! Sorry, there aren't any steaks in these smoothies...

I agree with other reviewers that the recipes are quite good, but the writing style is unnecessarily silly, and really distracts the reader from the recipe. Each recipe begins with a description that is full of bad puns. The recipes are good if you can ignore the intros. - Smoothies - Nutrition - Delicious Drinks - For Purchase'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Delicious Drinks - smoothies, for purchase smoothies Delicious Drinks - smoothies, for purchase