Saturday 24 July 2010

Bellaonline Recommends - flat iron, hair care


ConAir's last flat iron was a big fat lemon. I loathed it so much, I refused to buy another one by this company. I went out and spent about eighty bucks for a HAI straighter instead. It's worth every penny, believe you me. But then I tried ConAir's new ceramic straightener. And man, was I floored.



I had to borrow a friend's, since I'd left mine at home. What a surprise! Heats up quickly, and hair glides smoothly past the plates, leaving hair not only straight, but shiny. I had gone to sleep with just-from-the-shower wet hair and woke up with a horrible resmeblance to some feathery 70's boufant do. A sweep over with the Conair ceramic flat iron left me with soft, shiny and straight hair in less than 15 minutes. I've had nothing but frizzy trouble since moving to SW Florida, and my hair refuses to go flat without the use of a good flat iron. I'm happy to say this particular ConAir flat iron makes up for a multitude of past sins, and doesn't put a dent in your budget. Comes with 2 brush attachments that slide on the side of the plates. Also features a "power" and "turbo power" button, which I can only assume means "turbo" is volcano-like hot, which is exactly what it felt like. Conair Flat Iron 2" Ceramic Straightener - Dual Voltage.

Don't waste your 50 bucks on those salon professional ceramic flat irons. this one is just as good for half the price. i only spent 22 bucks on this great item and it works like a dream. i've always had frizzy hair and the amazing ceramic heated iron really straightens in no time. Ceramic flat irons are the way to go. I highly recommend this to anyone.

I wish I would have bought one of these a couple years back when I started growing out my hair. And to think it is pretty cheap too. Wow.



My hair looks great now! I feel a lot more confident about myself and more happy with my hair. Doesn't get rid of all the frizz but that's what frizz lotion is for, right?



This is really easy to use...the comb pick works wonders, while I wasn't too impressed with the bristle pick.



Still, my hair has never looked this good and I owe it all to this gizmo. If you have long, wavey and/or unmanageable hair, pick up one of these today.

I have to admit that I was a bit disappointed with this straightener. From the way the other review were written, I assumed it worked like a miracle for only 22$. I made up a little test of my own to see how good it was. I washed my hair, waited until it dried into a frizzy puff, then put in braids and slept on it. The next morning, I had frizz all over and huge puffy waves.



The straightener took only minutes to heat up, a huge plus. I love the huge plates so I can straighten faster. I first tried a temperature of 10. It worked beautifully on the fine, thin parts of my hair, but on the coarser, thicker parts, it wasn't enough. I set it on 15 and straightened. The waves disappeared immediately but the hair was still a little puffy. I ran the straightener down again and I had shiny straight hair but more volume than I bargained for.



Pros: 1) 2 minute heat up time 2) 25 temperature settings 3) huge plates 4) made hair shiny 5) straightened hair great 6) tamed some frizz 7) really shows off the layers in my hair 8) 2 year warranty.



Cons: 1) Gave my hair too much volume (but that could just be my hair) 2) couldn't tame all the frizz 3) i keep bumping the temperature dial on the iron, thus making the iron heat up all over again, but I think I can just scotch tape it so it doesn't move.



All in all a great value, especially for the price. I think it would benefit those with curly hair but it MIGHT be a bit of a disappointment to thick hair.

I have a-little-past-shoulder-length, curly, blond hair. I have bought numerous straighteners to try to make it straight, and this is the only one that has truly worked. It stays straight when it is humid, and it has these neat combs that attach to it. The boar bristle one makes hair shiny and the comb untangles hair for the fastest straightening. It heats up in no time flat. Straightening my hair used to take an hour or so. Now, it takes 15 minutes. I let it heat for a minute and it is ready to go. It has up to 25 heat settings, too. For convenience, I leave mine on 25. It heats up the fastest and takes the least time. With other straighteners, I have had problems with product buildup on the plates, affecting the heat distribution. This one does not have one single speck of product anywhere on the plates. I am a teenager and I don't have a job, so I watch my money and how I spend it. This is the best money I have ever spent. I higly recommend this product!

I have thick, long hair with a wave in it. I've tried just about everything to straighten it (and I don't care how good you are with a brush; straightening your hair with a blow dryer is impossible.)



This thing WORKS. Wow! Heats up fast, glides through your hair like a dream, and the result is impossibly shiny, stick-straight hair!



I can't recommend this highly enough, esp. for the price. A true bargain!

and to think i thought i'd have to wear my hair in a messy-bun for the rest of my life! you see, i have frizz-prone hair that sometimes and in someplaces is curly, and then in some is almost straight. so i thought i was cursed, and doomed- but no! i bought this iron, and wow! what an awesome job! my hair is silky and smooth.i love the heat settings (1-20), and i leave mine at about 11, and it does the job for me. i also love the safty-grip on the tip of the iron, so you can press the iron together on both sides as you glide it through your hair. i also love the comb plate which i leave in, and it grips wonderfully without snagging or breaking my hair. then, when i get to the top layers, i use the boar-bristle comb, and it adds an extra bit of sheen.if you've had a bad experience with a straightener before, do yourself a favor, and try this one. you'll get great results, i promise.what can i say? i just love this product! - Inexpensive - Flat Iron - Hair Care - Conair'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Bellaonline Recommends - flat iron, hair care inexpensive Bellaonline Recommends - flat iron, hair care