Saturday 20 March 2010

Razor Blade - razor blade, fein multimaster blades


get more life ... when the teeth break off use your dremel tool with a cut-off blade and cut new teeth in the steel and stop spending the big bucks for new blades. I do not often share this information.... Fein 63502134025 2-1/2-Inch Standard E-Cut Blade, 3-Pack

The multimaster is the tool for plunge cuts. But the blades are way too expensive. If I can buy an excellent utility 7 inch carbide blade from Freud for $9, and a durable sawzall blades for $3, why must a Fein blade cost $19?



Teeth sheer off on nails.

I'm glad I have this blade for use with the Fein Multimaster. The only problem is that when you are doing a job like trying to cut through a 3/4" cedar wall to install an outlet box, it is hard to keep a perfect corner. I am not talking about keeping a perfect line, it is great for that, but when you are trying to cut an exact corner with a wide angled blade, it is hard to determine the edge. Consequently the edge of your cut can go a little wider than hoped for, leaving a tiny slit that can run out of the outside circumference of your edge lines. For making those kind of cuts the straight blades, without the angled sides makes for a perfect job. Knowing where the edge of the blade is, even while it is sinking into the wood is the key to getting your corners exact. With the 2 1/2 inch E cut blade, the tip is harder to get a bearing on where the vibrating edge is going to leave its mark. I'm not saying that you can't do the job with this blade, but for that type of application, the square rectangular blades make it easy to do a perfect job. I'm not knocking this 2 1/2 inch blade. As a matter of fact I like using it for covering a wide area. I can angle the face of the blade along a line, and as the back of the edge is sinking deep, the front edge is starting a new edge of the cut. All in all highly recommended. PS: Get a square-rectangular style blade as well.

The Fein multimaster is a great tool for specialty cutting jobs, provided only cutting soft materials and limited use. I have had the same experience as other users. The tool operates much like (and could be substituted for) a Stryker surgical cast saw. However, the steel blades are expensive for their limited life. The carbide and diamond blades are better.



This Fein tool has enabled a few jobs not possible with other tools, or saved considerable labor for some jobs (as opposed to the usual methods).



But don't expect it to be a workhorse because of the limited life and special cut design of the steel blades. I have done limited blade sharpening touch-up using brasselerusa.com serrated diamond saw blades, but this is specialized/expensive equipment most tool users don't have. Sharpening would require very specialized sharpening equipment which apparently only Fein has at their factory. It is so sad that they do not offer blades make from more durable materials.

I recently bought the Fein Multi-Master tool, and also this extra blade. I have used this to remove some old paneling that was located in a tight corner space in a room I am remodeling and it worked amazingly well. It took me about 30 minutes to take one wall down using a japanese trim saw and about 5 minutes with this, and it was cleaner than the job I did by hand, in fact I hit a trim nail and went right through it, something my hand saw could have never done. I highly reccomend this recommend this to anyone using the Fein Multi Master

While the Precision E Cut Blade cuts quite well, it is made out of high speed steel and not carbide tipped. For the price paid, you would think that this blade would last longer. Maybe there is another company out there that makes a blade for this tool at a cheaper price, but I have not found them yet. I like the idea from another user that uses his dremel tool with the cutoff wheel to re-grind new teeth into the worn out blade. While it is not as good as the original blade, it does seem to work marginally well.

If you are a professional this tool will make you wonder how you got along without it for so long. It goes with me everywhere and is critical to my carpentry work. BUT...as everyone else has stated, the blades are outrageously expensive and dull quickly. It's a cost that I pass on to my customers just like any materials charge but you need to use it only when necessary. How Fein can make such a good tool but fail so miserably on the blades is beyond me. I can't wait until the patent runs out and a company like Lenox gets into the replacement blade business. - Fein Multimaster Blades - Razor Blade - Fein'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Razor Blade - razor blade, fein multimaster blades razor blade Razor Blade - razor blade, fein multimaster blades