Saturday 20 March 2010

Back Support Brace


I had an accident about twelve years ago, where I fell on my tailbone. Over time I have started to have a lot of back pain and hip pain. I'm only 25 so that just doesn't work for me. I'm also a Pilates Studio Owner and Instructor. I have recommended this item to a few of my clients who suffer from these problems as well. It definitely helps stabilize the lower back, which stops the pain and helps you get stronger in the exact places you need to. I would definitely recommend this to a lot of people. It keeps you aligned. Thank you so much for reading this.

-Heidi SI-LOC® #670 by OPTP - Sacroiliac Belt Size Small/ Medium

I had suffered from sciatica for three years. Therapy, pain relievers, chiropractors, all only gave temporary help. Then a friend told me about this little device. I purchased it (it arrived real fast too!) and put it on. In one minute I went through a million years of evolution and began walking upright! I wore it all night as directed. In the morning it felt as if I never had the pain in the first place! I now wear it everyday, and do certain exercises to strenghten the the support muscles in that area (I'm a certified personal trainer). My problem is now fast becomming a thing of the past. Normally I never bother with such things - but now I tell everyone and anyone who has a sciatica problem about this little device, and where to get it! Everyday I marvel had the fact that I'm able to walk again! This is one great belt!

Regarding the service: it was prompt and without a hitch.



I am using the Si-Loc belt for several years now (on and off) with no complains, quite the contrary. From my own personal experience, I was able to do everyday activities, including cleaning and lifting, with the belt on. Unlike previous belts I had, this one does not restrict my movements and it holds on nicely (except for riding up while sitting). I am using the belt as recommended to me by my chiropractor for lower back problems and muscles spasms. After several years, it is still working great and I love it so much that I ordered it for my mother. She loves it! It is sitting very comfortably and no one knows that it is there. This belt seems to sit better than my older belt and I was able to tight it better - and as of today, it held on even while sitting.

I am a physical therapist and as well as a person with SI joint pain. I own and use both this belt and the Saunders SI belt. This will not eliminate SI joint pain but will noticeably reduce it. I find this belt to be more comfortable to wear than the other belt because it is wider and more padded. However the other one works a better because it has more effective nonskid pads to keep the belt in position. Generally I wear this one when my pain is less severe and the other belt when the pain is more severe. Either belt fits under all but the tightest clothes.

I have SI joint dysfunction which as you know if you are reading this, is mighty painful. My sacrum is so hyper mobile that the inflammation was constant and so the exercises I was to do only aggravated the problem. After weeks of therapy I was getting worse and was so discouraged.Even a steroid injection did not help much. Then my physical therapist suggested a belt and I picked this one. It was easy to adjust and comfortable. I did not have a problem with slippage. It stayed in place. It did not show under jeans, but probably would under a very thin pant. I wore it each day during the day for one week and wow what a difference!! The inflammation went away and now the stabilization exercises are starting to work. I will use the belt when I am going to be twisting and bending--like at the grocery store, or when I have a flare up. I recommend this product!

This is my second SI belt and I cannot get through a day without it. It allows me to sit longer which is very painful with SI joint dysfunction. I have been using one for over two years and using it is one of the few things that helps. Highly recommend.

My PT asked me to order this belt to help with SI hypermobility as we retrained muscles. To our mutual dismay, the so-called "nonslip" pads are simply pieces of the same rubbery-weave stuff you roll out in the kitchen cabinet under china and crystal. And if you plan to move, it will slip upwards. I had to constantly stop to pull it downwards to keep it from riding up over my hipbones.



Previously it was applied at the low end of poundage advised, so we tightened it to the higher end in the hope it would stay in place better. Unfortunately, we found after only a few minutes the pressure this placed on cutaneous nerves was unbearable--and it STILL slipped.



Contrary to advertising, this belt does not have any appreciable padding and it is not any less bulky under clothing than others of a similar design. You're going to have bulging regardless if the belt is outside or inside your clothing, so get a belt you won't be trying to yank back in place under your pants.



The one good feature was that the hard plastic buckle can be worn to the front or offset to one side.



Quite the letdown, and of course, non-returnable.

This belt is a complete relief!! Whenever my SI pain flares up, this helps to stabilize my hips and relieve the pain faster. I could not get through the flare ups without it.



Aesthetically, it looks fine, except under tight clothes, but that's to be expected. I think this belt is a cheaper option to many others out there. And it costs twice as much if you purchase it from a physical therapist.

I was told by my physical therapist to use this specific belt when doing strenuous activities such as yard work and laundry to lessen the joint from being aggravated. It works like a wonder when used with specific stretches given to you by a professional. I use it on a daily basis only during times where I will be doing lots of bending.



Once you take it off, you can feel how well it supports the SI joint and pelvis. Stretches following usage is needed to prevent any flare ups.



This is the best one out there because it breaths nicely, is comfortable and doesn't come with lots of bells and whistles.



Well worth the price.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Back Support Brace Back Support Brace Back Support Brace