Saturday 20 March 2010

Lens Accessories - lens cap, lens accessories


Just to be clear this is a lens cap that gets sent with a separate leash that you stick on the lens cap. We specifically paid more for this item because we thought it all to be one piece. Please read the description and ignore the picture. Kinda disappointed. Replacement Lens Cap for CANON EOS 18-55mm Digital Rebel Camera Lens

My wife and I tend to lose lens caps. This product is just as advertised, but the cord connection to the cap is fairly wimpy - a foam with adhesive. The picture gave me hope it was a sturdier join point, but I will need to resort to duct tape or similar hack to keep the cap on the string through crowds, hikes, etc..

the listing says "Replacement Lens Cap for CANON EOS 18-55mm Digital Rebel Camera Lens" but that was not what i was sent. What i got was a 50mm lens cap ( size Ø52 ). i wrote them first before writing this review, hoping that they would send me the correct lens. nope. they claim that i was sent what was listed, but in their very own email to me they admitted to their mistake. in their own words: "this item is supposed to be LENS CAP 52MM + LENS CAP w/ HOLDER", well thats not what they listed! they did say i could send back the lens for a return, and reorder. but reorder what?! i ordered the correct lens cap they sent the wrong one. the only positive thing i can say is that it arrived very quickly, but what does that matter when it's the wrong item. I would avoid ordering from them as you don't know what they will send you.

I only spent $4.31 (+ S&H) so it's not a big deal, monetarily, but it still bothers me. I didn't get the right item and went through Amazon, who contacted BargainCell on my behalf. It's been a week and no one has contacted me regarding the correct item and how I can go about getting it. To me, this shows a complete disregard for customers and customer relations. I buy regularly through Amazon, but if I see "BargainCell" come up in any of the products I'm considering, then I will not buy. Plain and simple.

I also thought I was getting a lens cap with the strap attached (as in the photo), but am disappointed to find two pieces that are supposed to be attached with adhesive which will come apart at some point.



Even more disappointing was that I ordered a "Replacement Lens Cap for Canon EOS 18-55 mm Digital Revel Camera Lens". What I got was a 52mm lens cap that is too small and cannot be used. No point returning and ordering again since I'd end up paying all the extra shipping.

I made the mistake of not reading the other reviews when I ordered this. I looked at the picture and thought that I was getting a lens cap with with the strap attached. As the other reviewers have noted, they are two separate pieces attached through adhesive. I'm disappointed.

Im new to photography and I lost my first lens cap at a parade. And with this one I'll never loss it again. I wish everything else had a string to attach itself, then I would have lost a lot less things in my life. So next step is a flash, flash ring and, and a better lens. And besides the product itself, the product came quickly in the mail and the seller was very professional. - Digital Rebel - Lens Accessories - Canon - Lens Cap'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Lens Accessories - lens cap, lens accessories digital rebel Lens Accessories - lens cap, lens accessories