Thursday 14 January 2010

Handwriting - handwriting


An OT has since told me how to use these. For right handed people the arrow points down and you put your thumb on the side with the star. For lefties, the arrow points up and you put your thumb on the star. Makes a big difference! Stetro Pencil Grips - Assorted Colors - 36 per bag

These grips were on my daughter's school supply list provided by her teacher. The idea is to promote proper pencil holding technique while writing. Unfortunately the pencil would keep getting pushed back out whenever she was writing. She would be forced to stop and pull the pencil back out several times. So now we are stuck with a bag full of grips we cannot use.

I had some students with TERRIBLE gripping of their pencils. I could talk till I am blue in the face, but old habits were hard to break. On the advice of a collegue, I ordered these and passed them out to my students. It "forced" students to use proper pencil grip and I saw the improvement I desired.

My 7 year old son was having trouble holding his pencil correctly while writing. His teacher recommended this grip but only gave us one to have between school and home. I oredered more so we wouldn't have to worry about losing it. This grip is so comfortable that I have started using it also. It puts the pencil in your hand in just the perfect position. Works great for small or large hands. - Handwriting'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Handwriting - handwriting handwriting Handwriting - handwriting