Friday 15 January 2010

Multiroom Digital Music Systems - radio, bose wave radio


I have enjoyed my Bose Wave music system for just over a month and I am very pleased with its performance. This is the second or third generation of the iconic Bose one-piece tabletop sound system that is intended to make you think you are listening to a much more complicated and professional component system. And, to a great extent, it does just that--or at least, it is closer to a stereo component sound than to a stand-alone run-of-the-mill radio sound. It certainly features a deeper range of bass sounds than any other one-piece radio I have ever encountered.



Bose has pioneered its spectacular sound machines which seem highly defined by their innovative speaker systems which they refer to as "waveguide speaker technology". This one-piece system produces a clear, natural, room-filling sound without the need of external speakers. It has a very innovative physical design with a small unintrusive footprint that sits well on a night stand or in the kitchen. I particulrly appreciate the Titanium Silver color which seems appropriate for any area of the home. It is simple to install right out of the box and has the FM/AM radio, CD player, and clock/alarm built in. There is an auxiliary input for an MP3 player or other alternate sound source.



I especially appreciate the alarm system that opens softly and gently rises in volume as you awake. It comes with a credit card size remote control; however, I purchased the larger backlit remote with a dedicated cradle that I use instead. All in all, this is an effective and very impressive one-piece tabletop sound system that I enjoy daily. It is a bit pricy, but ultimately, you get what you pay for. Bose Wave Music System - Titanium Silver

I had the Bose Wave Music System (one disk changer and remote) for a week or so now. Never thought I would pop the $$ for this but when I found it at a good price, I said "go for it". I'll admit, I'm surprised and impressed. I did expect it to be different, better and so forth - just because of the reputation - but I was not prepared for the details of that difference. The sound is remarkable. It not only sounds great when you're in the room with it but also because of how well it produces music throughout several adjoining rooms . For example, when I am in my living room, two rooms away from where I placed the Bose (in the kitchen at the rear of the house and facing the back) the music sounds almost even better - its rich and full and more rounded than any of my other music systems with the possible exception of the one that takes up a great deal more space. I like listening to it from my reading chair in the living room....great full powered sound without being overpowered by it... I hear details of CD music I've not heard before from such a distance. I think the distance listening factor of this unit is the most remarkable feature of all that are mentioned.



Some reviewers have been critical of the unit being controlled only by the remote with no on board buttons. I can see that as a problem if you have kids and pets (who like to eat remotes - and yes, both the kids AND the pets might do that).... but for me, a single guy living alone, it is no problem. Actually, the unit looks sleek without all those buttons on top and you don't have to worry about dust accumulation. Just the same, I do recommend getting a backup remote - easily available on the eBay market (just Google it). If you've got an extra $500 for a new unit, go for it...or, if your funds are more limited, look around. It can be found for less. In my case and considering what I paid, it was more than worth it.

I was hoping for a good music player and a alarm clock. It makes a decent music player and alarm clock. It is supposed to have really good sound. The sound is muttled and there are no adjustments to make it any better.



I didn't like the fact that there were no buttons but I've found that it doesn't really cause to much of a problem as long as the batteries are good. It does however have a couple annoying features.



It has an auto dim feature for low light which I would rather disable but it won't let you. It will let you turn it up some with makes it tolerable. When you set the alarm it comes on low but it automatically goes up to 30 which I wanted louder but again no adjustment.



Now the good features. It seems very well built and sturdy. The design is attractive and fits in most places with no problem. It does have a Cd player which works well as long as you don't what to preset tracks (It will only shuffle).



With all this said, I still have to give it a three. I would give it a four if the price tag wasn't so high. For the money, I expect a few more adjustments. It is very easy to use however and serves it purpose well. It does need to have more options. It works well and seems like it will last a good long time. I'm fairly happy with it. - Bose Wave Radio - Bose Wave Radio Clock Mp3 Cd - Radio - Bose Wave Unit'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Multiroom Digital Music Systems - radio, bose wave radio radio Multiroom Digital Music Systems - radio, bose wave radio