Sunday 22 November 2009

Small Tripod - small tripod, travel tripod


I just received this little gem a few days ago and I could not be more impressed. I have a couple of table tops and they are just fine IF you are not using a zoom lens, and just need something super compact to toss in the pocket of your camera bag. I needed something that I could use with a heavy, 72mm zoom, and feel comfortable that it would be supported.



After I did some online research, the Vanguard VS-82 was what I came up with, and I figured it was worth a try.



It is like a little tank! The legs are super sturdy and I love the way the large, ridged feet angle down from the legs to give ultimate support for the unit. In my opinion, this is very well made.



You can expand the legs for additional sturdiness and height. The 'neck' also gives additional height and can be adjusted to exactly the extent that is perfect for any given situation.



It does not have a quick-release shoe, but that didn't matter one whit to me. I am happy that my full-size tripod DOES have that feature but, for a table top, it is not necessary for my use although I feel it should be mentioned.



If you are looking for a table top tripod that will not only support your camera, but support a heavy lens (I believe it says it supports up to 5.5lbs), and be nearly impossible to knock over or slide...this might just be the one for you. Vanguard VS-82 Table Top Digital Camera Tripod

This is a great little tripod. I have used it for about 3 months with a Bushnell 20 x 50 small spotting scope. It is stable, sturdy, and well made - even more than I expected on ordering. I have also mounted a 20-60 x 80 Nikon spotter just to see if it would hold it without problem. It does. For those who want a small, inexpensive tripod for table top use, this could be the bargain. Recommended.

I needed a small stabile platform to place my camera on to take photos of my daughter's wedding. I didn't want a large tripod because I didn't want the pictures that the hired photographer and others to include a tripod, which I think would really look bad. The location of the ceremony allowed the use of a nearby flat surface to put the tripod and camera on. I aimed the camera at where the bride and groom would say their vows. I used the remote control for my camera to take the photos. This was an outdoor wedding next to the ocean. There was a stiff breeze that day. After retrieving the camera and tripod I looked at the photos hoping the wind did not move the camera during the ceremony. All of the pictures were dead on. Looking closely at the edge of the photos at the background details I could tell the camera never moved. This tripod is handy. Its small size made it easy to grab with the camera attached. Things are rushed at times during a wedding. I had to grab the camera and tripod and still make it to the recieving line. I made it just in time. Had I used a larger tripod I would have spent more time collapsing the unit for travel. Well built? Yes. The joints are all well fitted. The leg extentions slide easily and when tightened they are rigid. The pan and tilt are smooth and lock down tight without cranking on the knobs. This is a great little tripod. The leg length adjustments allow for use on uneven surfaces. There is no bubble level on the unit to allow you to set the camera perfectly level. This didn't matter to me. I can look through the viewfinder and use something like a window sill (These are usually level) to level my camera shot. By making the ends of the horizontally level (window sill) item an equal distance from the bottom edge of the viewfinder image i can usually count on the photos to be level.

It's a very good table tripode, you can put on it a big camera like Nikon D300 with big lens (one pound more) and it's very stable. Leg's are extendible. I don't like you cant put the camera in vertical position, even than it's a good product.

I loved this tripod when I first got it. But after just a short period, I can't get it to hold my camera in place; it falls over. I have tightened it as much as I can, to no avail.



Am I the only one who has had this problem?

This is a fine little tripod. It is well designed and sturdy.



I did return it because it wouldn't fit in my new Caselogic SLRC-202 Medium SLR Camera Bag (Black). The bag arrived after the tripod. I then purchased the Slik Mini Pro V Table-Top Tripod with Pan Head which is equally well built and it fit in the bag (in case anybody should care).

I needed a small tripod for my Nikon and was having trouble finding one that would support the camera - most small tripods seem to be built for point & shoot cameras. This one works very well and transports easily. Set up is very quick. Only drawback for me is that there is limited mobility as far as setting the camera angle.

I bought this for my avchd camera in places where a large tripod just would not go (cruise ship) and it worked perfectly. The attention to design detail here is great:



1 - feet are beveled to keep it level on a flat surface

2 - all 3 legs extend (amazing in a tripod so small)

3 - sturdy - enough to hold much more weight

4 - lens allignment stud compresses when used with non-camera gear like audio systems

5 - Best for last - small enough to get onboard a flight with a TSA agent soing through your bag of gear. I had another small tripod like this that folded 3 different sized legs together - that one looked like a gun in x-ray and got my bag open every time - with this, all legs are equal and it looks like a tripod - goes through xray without a hitch.



Would I change anything? no. It's fine the way it is. I even used it to secure my marantz PMD-661 recorder on a helicopter flight with the seatbelt of the next seat over. The PMD-661 has a tripod mount underneath and with this I made a secure position that allowed me to see the vu meters during flight. - Mini Tripod - Photography - Small Tripod - Travel Tripod'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Small Tripod - small tripod, travel tripod travel tripod Small Tripod - small tripod, travel tripod