Sunday 22 November 2009

Excercise - conditioning, mir weighted vest


I have a 40lb. xvest and wanted to get a weight vest that could handle more weight. The price was right for the 80lb. ZFO, much cheaper than the heavier xvest. The ZFO was delivered an astonishing two days after I ordered it.



As to the details, the ZFO vest is very similar in design to the xvest, a padded clam-shell design, in this case the weights are not 1-lb. iron rods as in the xvest, they are 4-lb. tightly packed bars of sand (in completely enclosed sleeves) that can be slipped into the many pockets on the back and front (two rows on each side) of the vest. So there are twenty of these bars and twenty pockets. Each row has a flap that you velcro fasten over the pockets and there are two straps with connectors and velcro that you use to secure the vest to your body. You can adjust the length of the straps to get the fit you want. The fabric of the vest is thick and strong (again, similar to the xvest) and the quality is good.



I'm happy with the purchase, but a complaint...the two boxes the ZFO come in had no instructions (and there are none on the website) for how you put the vest together, no suggestions as to how to use it (the xvest website is very helpful for suggestions as to the safe, proper use of a weight vest), and no suggestions for maintenance and cleaning!



This didn't bother me as I was already pretty knowledge from having used the xvest. Still, what would it hurt to give the buyer a little guidance? Shame! NEW! ZFO-80LBS Adjustable Weighted Vest (WEIGHTS INCLUDED.One size fits all.)

This was my first experience buying a weighted vest for running and body weight exercises. It is fairly comfortable and adaptable. There are a couple of problems which other people have already noted, mainly that the vest comes with no instructions (they are on the website, but I think a short video would be more helpful as the instructions are not written clearly). The belt system is a little hard to use when using the entire 80lb load. Other than that, I thought it was a great buy. You cannot buy a vest in this weight class within this price range. Trust me, I've looked.

I am totally pleased with this weighted vest. I love how you could remove the weights to customize it for your particular workout. The vest is well constructed and is exactly what I was looking for. The vest is easy to use, very comfortable for my size and you get a great core workout with whatever you do with it. Excellent for plyometrics, a must have for power athletes. I expect great weight loss results with this vest.

I am very pleased with the ZFO weight vest. This is a great product and shipping was surprisingly fast, arriving only a couple days after I ordered the vest.



The weight sits evenly on your body and the attachments are all solid, although I would half liked a loop or two for the lower belts instead of just velcro. Regardless, I went for a jog with it this evening and there were no problems with the belts coming loose or anything.



Overall, this ends up being a good product and the amount of weight and versatility you get with the vest at this price point is unparalleled.

I bought one of these from the manufacturer's website about three months ago, and have been using it three times a week for body weight exercises like push-ups, inverted rows, etc. It's been a very handy thing to have, and it seems very durable. As others have said, it doesn't come with any kind of documentation, but really, there's not much to it. It does what it needs to do; I've got no complaints there.



One caution: I sent a question to the manufacturer via e-mail using the contact form on their website, and never received so much as an acknowledgement, much less an answer. I don't know whether the form is broken or they simply ignored my message. Either way, that could have been very frustrating had there been some kind of problem with my order.

I spent a while looking for a good vest weighing about 60 pounds while at the same time being being of good price and quality. Much to my surprise, I was able to find an 80 pound weighted vest of excellent quality. This is an invaluable tool to aid in my workouts. You won't find a better one for the same weight/price/quality value.

i ordered a 30lb air flow weighted vest and a set of mir shoulder pads to go with the vest and one extra mir air flow vest without the weights.i only received the 30lb air flow vest, no shoulder pads or extra vest.i tried calling the numbers listed on mirs website and got no answer at any time only an answering machine that i left several detailed messages on asking for clarification on where my stuff was and i got no call backs at all.i have also tried emailing them and got no response.so basically they have kept 38.99 of my money and did not fulfill my order as advertised.i would not recommend buying from them to anyone because of the total lack of customer service and failure to not only send me my complete order but the outright ignoring of my calls and emails and keeping/stealing my money.

I have many things i use to workout with. The vest is honestly the most versitile though. I use it for running, push ups, sit ups, pull ups and many more activities. It fits amazingly and snug so it doesnt move around while i am in motion. If i could reccomend any item to a person who wants to get cut, increase physical strength and endurance, and recieve that amazing body you have always wanted i would suggest any of the vest. I have the 80 pound vest just because it seems the most reasonable in the fact that you can lower the weight of it and you will always have a goal to reach which would be to use more weight each time you use it.

I recieved this item in 48hrs in two seperate boxes even though I picked standard 5-7 day shipping. Others complained there were no instructions on how to put the two together...but my package came with clear intructions.

If you have every used a weight vest they are fairly uncomfortable...but the MiR ZFO fits very well. It doesn't move around too much even during plyometric exercises. If you never used a weight vest 80lbs is A LOT weight. It is a challenge to get this on by yourself with all 80lbs...but once on very comfortable. My one complaint is it goes down below my belly button..but also I am only 5'7" so it makes bending at the waist a bit difficult. - Conditioning - Fitness Gear - Mir Weighted Vest - Exercise'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Excercise - conditioning, mir weighted vest mir weighted vest Excercise - conditioning, mir weighted vest